Planning to Start Your Family Can Be an Exciting Time
For many couples, getting ready for a new arrival often begins once you confirm you are expecting. Everyone knows the importance of prenatal care, but by the time you learn you are pregnant, you may have already missed a critical window of opportunity to ensure a healthy start and boost the lifelong potential for your child.
To prepare for the best pregnancy possible, preconception planning is essential. There is evidence that many preconception interventions can reduce the risk of adverse pregnancy outcomes such as birth defects, miscarriage, low birth weight, and preterm delivery.
If you are thinking about starting a family sometime in the next year, don’t miss our exclusive preconception planning event.
Our HealthyStart program focuses on steps you and your partner can take to reduce risks, promote a healthy lifestyle and increase your readiness for pregnancy.
- Learn about reproductive planning, reducing risks and optimizing health, your partner’s role and more
- Spend one-on-one time with a leading obstetrician and maternity nurse specialist and get your questions answered
- Join us for a personal, guided tour
- Take home a special gift bag
- Appetizers will be available
Program Topics Include
- Reproductive planning
- Family history & genetic factors
- Health considerations
- Undiagnosed medical conditions
- Nutrition & supplements
- Mental health & stress
- Environmental exposures
- Substance abuse
- Activities, travel & recreation
- Fears about pregnancy
- Work related issues
- Your partner’s role
- Preconception care
Have you seen a doctor for preconception planning?
Schedule an appointment with a MemorialCare obstetrician.
Find an Ob/Gyn