Clinical Excellence, Highly Experienced & Exceptionally Trained Physicians
- MemorialCare Breast Centers are the only Breast Centers in the region with dedicated breast radiologists, breast surgeons and breast oncologists who are solely focused on breast care and treatment of our patients.
- A team of fellowship-trained, subspecialized breast imaging radiologists interprets every exam. These radiologists who only review breast imaging have decades of experience focused on this subspecialty, unlike other centers where radiologists may be more generalized. If you are asked to return from screening for a diagnostic examination, the breast radiologist is on-site to manage your care, review the findings and answer all of your questions.
- Our team of highly specialized breast surgeons ensures the utmost of precision and positive outcomes. Breast-related surgery is their sole passion and profession.
- Dedicated breast oncologists mean your treatment will be managed by someone who is solely focused on breast cancer, and who has the training and sub-specialized expertise to ensure your needs are met.
- 3D digital mammography
- High-resolution breast ultrasound
- Breast MRI
- Tumor localizations
- DEXA bone density tests
The caring and compassionate MemorialCare Breast Center teams ensure the highest level of comfort and convenience. The MemorialCare Breast Centers take every aspect of your visit into consideration from flexible scheduling to fast turnaround times for screening results.
Should the need arise for care beyond screening, the clinical advancements of the MemorialCare Breast Center are second-to-none. The MemorialCare Breast Centers in partnership with the MemorialCare Cancer Institutes have multidisciplinary teams of highly specialized physicians, surgeons, technologists, and clinicians who ensure a comprehensive, coordinated approach to treating breast cancer. A personalized treatment plan is developed for each patient; designed to fit your unique needs.
Whether you are visiting the MemorialCare Breast Center for a routine mammogram or you have more urgent needs, the care team is dedicated to helping you maintain optimal breast health.
The Leaders in Breast Care
All MemorialCare Breast Centers also offer DEXA Bone Density Tests.
4 Total Results
Benign breast disease, also known as benign breast conditions, are noncancerous disorders that affect the breast.
Breast density, or dense breast tissue refers to the appearance of breast tissue on a mammogram. Women with dense breasts have more dense tissue than fatty tissue.
Osteoporosis is a process that develops within the bones and makes them fragile and more likely to fracture. Anyone can develop osteoporosis, but it is common in older women. According to studies, 25 percent of men and 50 percent of women over the age of 50 will break a bone due to osteoporosis.
Diagnostics & Treatments
9 Total Results
Women of all ages are encouraged to perform monthly self-exams to feel for any changes or lumps in the breasts. Self-exams allow you to be very familiar with your breasts, making it easier to detect when there is a change.
Not all breasts are the same. In fact, 40% of women have dense breast tissue which is associated with a slight increased risk of developing breast cancer. More importantly, dense breast tissue can mask a breast cancer on a traditional 2D mammogram or mimic one when none exists.
Schedule your mammogram or breast imaging appointment at one of our MemorialCare Breast Center locations, conveniently located in Orange County and Los Angeles County.
18 Total Results
At the MemorialCare Cancer Institute, our patients are never alone in their cancer journey. We believe that patient and family education and support are essential to a speedy recovery and long-term wellness.
Marti’s Closet, at Long Beach Medical Center and Orange Coast Medical Center, gives cancer surgery patients the opportunity to select button-down blouses free of charge. All blouses are gently worn, clean and ready to wear.
At the MemorialCare Breast Centers, a team of specialists ensure patients receive the best, most comprehensive breast care available. The care teams work closely with referring physicians to coordinate care and provide seamless communication and reporting.
Find a Provider Near You
Located throughout Orange County and Los Angeles County, MemorialCare-affiliated physicians are locally and nationally recognized in their area of expertise. We've made it easy to find a quality healthcare provider right in your own backyard.