Clinical Excellence, Highly Experienced & Exceptionally Trained Physicians
- MemorialCare Breast Centers are the only Breast Centers in the region with dedicated breast radiologists, breast surgeons and breast oncologists who are solely focused on breast care and treatment of our patients.
- A team of fellowship-trained, subspecialized breast imaging radiologists interprets every exam. These radiologists who only review breast imaging have decades of experience focused on this subspecialty, unlike other centers where radiologists may be more generalized. If you are asked to return from screening for a diagnostic examination, the breast radiologist is on-site to manage your care, review the findings and answer all of your questions.
- Our team of highly specialized breast surgeons ensures the utmost of precision and positive outcomes. Breast-related surgery is their sole passion and profession.
- Dedicated breast oncologists mean your treatment will be managed by someone who is solely focused on breast cancer, and who has the training and sub-specialized expertise to ensure your needs are met.
- 3D digital mammography
- High-resolution breast ultrasound
- Breast MRI
- Tumor localizations
- DEXA bone density tests
The caring and compassionate MemorialCare Breast Center teams ensure the highest level of comfort and convenience. The MemorialCare Breast Centers take every aspect of your visit into consideration from flexible scheduling to fast turnaround times for screening results.
Should the need arise for care beyond screening, the clinical advancements of the MemorialCare Breast Center are second-to-none. The MemorialCare Breast Centers in partnership with the MemorialCare Cancer Institutes have multidisciplinary teams of highly specialized physicians, surgeons, technologists, and clinicians who ensure a comprehensive, coordinated approach to treating breast cancer. A personalized treatment plan is developed for each patient; designed to fit your unique needs.
Whether you are visiting the MemorialCare Breast Center for a routine mammogram or you have more urgent needs, the care team is dedicated to helping you maintain optimal breast health.
The Leaders in Breast Care
All MemorialCare Breast Centers also offer DEXA Bone Density Tests.
4 Total Results
Breast density, or dense breast tissue refers to the appearance of breast tissue on a mammogram. Women with dense breasts have more dense tissue than fatty tissue.
More than 200,000 American women will be diagnosed with breast cancer this year. One in eight women will be diagnosed with breast cancer during her lifetime. Breast cancer accounts for more than 30 percent of all cancers found in women.
Osteoporosis is a process that develops within the bones and makes them fragile and more likely to fracture. Anyone can develop osteoporosis, but it is common in older women. According to studies, 25 percent of men and 50 percent of women over the age of 50 will break a bone due to osteoporosis.
Diagnostics & Treatments
9 Total Results
Women of all ages are encouraged to perform monthly self-exams to feel for any changes or lumps in the breasts. Self-exams allow you to be very familiar with your breasts, making it easier to detect when there is a change.
In addition to a mammogram screening, your Breast Center health care provider may recommend a breast ultrasound. A breast ultrasound utilizes high-frequency sound waves to create an internal image of your breast. This breast screening allows our specialized physicians to get a closer look at the chest walls and breast lumps
Mammogram and Breast Imaging Appointments
Schedule your mammogram or breast imaging appointment at one of our MemorialCare Breast Center locations, conveniently located in Orange County and Los Angeles County.
18 Total Results
Biotherapy (also called biological therapy or immunotherapy) is a treatment to activate or repair the ability of the body’s immune system to fight cancer, rheumatoid arthritis, infections, and other diseases.
Accelerated Partial Breast Irradiation (APBI)
As part of the cancer care multi-disciplinary team, radiation oncologists coordinate every aspect of care with oncologists, radiologists, surgeons and pathologists to provide personalized treatment plans for each patient.
Oncoplastic Breast Surgery
Oncoplastic breast surgery uses an aesthetic approach to breast cancer treatment by removing the cancer while also preserving and rebuilding the breast to maintain its natural look and feel. This type of conservation surgery removes the cancer, reshapes the breast and prevents excessive scarring.
Find a Provider Near You
Located throughout Orange County and Los Angeles County, MemorialCare-affiliated physicians are locally and nationally recognized in their area of expertise. We've made it easy to find a quality healthcare provider right in your own backyard.