Clinical Excellence, Highly Experienced & Exceptionally Trained Physicians
- MemorialCare Breast Centers are the only Breast Centers in the region with dedicated breast radiologists, breast surgeons and breast oncologists who are solely focused on breast care and treatment of our patients.
- A team of fellowship-trained, subspecialized breast imaging radiologists interprets every exam. These radiologists who only review breast imaging have decades of experience focused on this subspecialty, unlike other centers where radiologists may be more generalized. If you are asked to return from screening for a diagnostic examination, the breast radiologist is on-site to manage your care, review the findings and answer all of your questions.
- Our team of highly specialized breast surgeons ensures the utmost of precision and positive outcomes. Breast-related surgery is their sole passion and profession.
- Dedicated breast oncologists mean your treatment will be managed by someone who is solely focused on breast cancer, and who has the training and sub-specialized expertise to ensure your needs are met.
Breast Care Team
Dedicated Breast Care Team
At the MemorialCare Breast Centers, a team of specialists ensure patients receive the best, most comprehensive breast care available. The care teams work closely with referring physicians to coordinate care and provide seamless communication and reporting.
Care Team Members:
- Specialized Breast Radiologists
- Breast Technologists
- Bone Density Technologist
- Certified Breast Patient Navigator or Nurse Navigator
- Genetic Counselor
- Registration Specialists
Multi-Disciplinary Treatment Planning Conferences
Through multi-disciplinary treatment planning conferences, cancer specialists review new or difficult cases and develop treatment plans suited to the specific needs of each patient. These treatment planning conferences include an experienced team of oncologists, radiation oncologists, radiologists, pathologists and surgeons who decide together what the best course of treatment is for each individual. A multi-disciplinary team coordinates every aspect of patient care.
- 3D digital mammography
- High-resolution breast ultrasound
- Breast MRI
- Tumor localizations
- DEXA bone density tests
The caring and compassionate MemorialCare Breast Center teams ensure the highest level of comfort and convenience. The MemorialCare Breast Centers take every aspect of your visit into consideration from flexible scheduling to fast turnaround times for screening results.
Should the need arise for care beyond screening, the clinical advancements of the MemorialCare Breast Center are second-to-none. The MemorialCare Breast Centers in partnership with the MemorialCare Cancer Institutes have multidisciplinary teams of highly specialized physicians, surgeons, technologists, and clinicians who ensure a comprehensive, coordinated approach to treating breast cancer. A personalized treatment plan is developed for each patient; designed to fit your unique needs.
Whether you are visiting the MemorialCare Breast Center for a routine mammogram or you have more urgent needs, the care team is dedicated to helping you maintain optimal breast health.
Complete your pre-visit check-in and medical history before your upcoming mammogram appointment.
The Leaders in Breast Care
All MemorialCare Breast Centers also offer DEXA Bone Density Tests.
4 Total Results
Breast density, or dense breast tissue refers to the appearance of breast tissue on a mammogram. Women with dense breasts have more dense tissue than fatty tissue.
Osteoporosis is a process that develops within the bones and makes them fragile and more likely to fracture. Anyone can develop osteoporosis, but it is common in older women. According to studies, 25 percent of men and 50 percent of women over the age of 50 will break a bone due to osteoporosis.
Diagnostics & Treatments
8 Total Results
Mammograms are one of the most important tools in the early detection of breast cancer. This low-dose X-ray can reveal both benign (non-cancerous) and cancerous growths when they are too small to be detected by you or your health care provider.
Women of all ages are encouraged to perform monthly self-exams to feel for any changes or lumps in the breasts. Self-exams allow you to be very familiar with your breasts, making it easier to detect when there is a change.
Schedule your mammogram or breast imaging appointment at one of our MemorialCare Breast Center locations, conveniently located in Orange County and Los Angeles County.
15 Total Results
There are more than 12 million cancer survivors in the U.S. today. Although the initial cancer care may be complete, there is still physical, emotional and psychological healing to be done. Everyone’s experience is different, therefore it is important to customize your plan to address individual needs.
Wave Imaging offers convenient locations throughout south Los Angeles and Orange Counties. These facilities provide the most advanced imaging technology available in a community-based setting. Our warm, friendly and compassionate staff provide insurance verification and assistance with authorizations.
Selecting physician specialists to treat your breast cancer is an important decision to make. When selecting a team of physicians to treat breast cancer, it is important to look for specialists who are highly trained in their fields. The comprehensive teams of expert breast cancer specialists at MemorialCare Breast Centers
Find a Provider Near You
Located throughout Orange County and Los Angeles County, MemorialCare-affiliated physicians are locally and nationally recognized in their area of expertise. We've made it easy to find a quality healthcare provider right in your own backyard.