Diagnostic Offered At
- Heart & Vascular Care at Long Beach Medical Center
- Heart & Vascular Care at Saddleback Medical Center
- Imaging & Radiology at Long Beach Medical Center
- Imaging & Radiology at Community Medical Center Long Beach
- Imaging & Radiology at Orange Coast Medical Center
Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) is a diagnostic test that uses a magnetic field and pulses of radio wave energy to provide pictures of the heart and blood vessels inside the body. MRI provides information that, in many cases, cannot be obtained from an X–ray, ultrasound or CT scan.
During the exam, at the hospital or outpatient setting, while lying on a bed the machine moves in a circular motion around the body to capture images of your heart. MRIs are common tests for heart conditions and may show early signs of coronary artery disease (CAD).