Diagnostic Offered At
- Heart & Vascular Care at Long Beach Medical Center
- Heart & Vascular Care at Orange Coast Medical Center
- Heart & Vascular Care at Saddleback Medical Center
- Imaging & Radiology at Long Beach Medical Center
- Imaging & Radiology at Orange Coast Medical Center
- Imaging & Radiology at Saddleback Medical Center
Computed tomography (CT scan) technology uses X–rays and complex computers to create cross–sectional "slice" images of the body. Each image provides detailed internal views of the body at the specific location or slice, including the heart and blood vessels. Advanced multi–slice computed tomography technology delivers thinner slices, swifter scanning, unprecedented image clarity and the latest in exam capability.
During the exam, you will lie on a bed while the scanner moves in a circular motion around the body to capture images of your heart. CT scans are common tests for heart conditions and may show early signs of coronary artery disease (CAD).