The Best Technology Equals Better Outcomes
At MemorialCare Long Beach Medical Center, we offer advanced technologies and expert care on par with the most elite hospitals in Los Angeles and Orange Counties. Why travel long distances when the future of health care is here?
As a non-profit health system we are continuously re-investing in our entities to meet the growing healthcare needs of our community on a regional scale. At MemorialCare, we want what’s best for you. So, we acquire the latest technology and partner with the best doctors, to offer the latest treatment options for you and your loved ones.
No matter your need, we’ve got your covered. Check it out for yourself!
Exclusive Breast Treatments
- Savi Scout® is a wire-free radar localization system that uses radar for a zero-radiation and wire-free solution designed to aid surgeons in locating target tissue during a lumpectomy to ±1mm of accuracy. Traditionally, lumpectomy procedures involve wire localization — inserting a wire into the breast on the day of surgery. For many women, this leads to discomfort, increased anxiety, and reduced satisfaction.
- Oncoplastic Breast Surgery combines the expertise of a breast oncologist and the techniques of a plastic surgeon to preserve the physical appearance of the breast while removing the cancer all in one surgery. This type of conservation surgery removes the cancer, reshapes the breast and prevents excessive scarring.
- Intra-operative radiation therapy (IORT) is used for early stage breast cancer treatment, where a low energy therapeutic X-ray system delivers a concentrated dose of radiation therapy in the operating room to a tumor bed right after a lumpectomy. This eliminates the need for radiation therapy follow up after surgery. Treatment is all complete in one surgery.
The physicians listed above perform the majority of breast cancer procedures at Long Beach Medical Center.
- AlignRT™ uses 3D stereo cameras to pinpoint your cancer’s exact location with sub-millimeter accuracy. It can sense the tiniest degree of movement, and immediately stops the radiation, should a patient move out of place. The treatment is ideal for brain, lung, liver, sarcoma, head and neck and left breast cancer patients, who want to ensure the accuracy is there to protect their heart and lungs.
- High Dose Rate Brachytherapy is delivered using computer-controlled movements of tiny radioactive seeds, which are made to dwell in an applicator placed directly inside the tumor. The applicator position and timing of source placement are precisely controlled, allowing the physician to shape the radiation dose to the target.
- Hyperthermia is a specialized therapy that involves heating selected tumors to 106 - 108 Fahrenheit for up to one hour. Hyperthermia enhances the effects of radiation and helps in eliminating tumors.
- TomoTherapy HD uses a CT scanner for image guidance to ensure the therapy is set up based on the patient’s internal anatomy. Tomotherapy’s ability to regulate the intensity of the radiation beam to conform around the target sharply decreases dose beyond the tumor.
ExactechGPS® Shoulder Application system allows surgeons to view a 3D anatomical model of a patient’s shoulder, making adjustments in real-time. This unique technology allows for more consistent and accurate implant placement. In fact, we are the only hospital in Los Angeles County with this technology.
These physicians listed above the majority of shoulder replacement procedures with ExactechGPS® at Long Beach Medical Center.
- O-arm® uses computer navigation to provide real-time visualization of spinal structures in 3D. This technology allows us to perform complex spine surgery with unparalleled accuracy. This lowers risk and complication rates and increases surgery precision.
- ExcelsiusGPS® Robotic Navigation platform is the first technology to combine a robotic arm and full navigation capabilities for spine surgery. The system creates a surgical plan based on your unique anatomy, guiding the robotic arm to a specific region of your spine, similar to a planned pathway on GPS. The surgeon uses this pathway to accurately conduct spine surgery with the utmost of precision.
- Mako™ Robotic-Arm Assisted Surgery brings a new level of precision to treating patients with joint pain. Mako Technology provides a 3-D model of your unique anatomy to assist your surgeon in pre-planning and precise placement of knee and hip implants.
- Mako Partial Knee Resurfacing
Performed using the proven robotic arm assisted technology Mako provides surgeons precision to address only the diseased portion of the knee, retaining as much of the natural knee as possible – including healthy bone and ligaments.
- Mako Total Knee Replacement
MakoTotal Knee transforms the way total knee replacements are performed. Through CT-based 3D modeling of bone anatomy, surgeons can use the Mako System to create a personalized surgical plan and identify the implant size, orientation and alignment based on each patient’s unique anatomy.
- Mako Total Hip Replacement
Performed using the proven robotic arm assisted technology Mako provides surgeons precision in placement of implants reducing incidence dislocations and accurate leg length.
- Da Vinci® Xi Surgical System is a computer-assisted surgical system designed to enable and enhance minimally invasive surgery, by allowing a surgeon’s hand movements to be translated into smaller, precise movements by small, wristed instruments inside the patient’s body. This reduces pain and scaring, shortens hospital stays, results in fewer complications and quicker recovery and return to normal activities.
The da Vinci® Xi is the latest on the market and enhances minimally invasive surgery across a growing number of specialties including:
- Colorectal Surgery
- General Surgery
- Gynecology Surgery
- Otolaryngology Surgery
- Thoracic Surgery
- Urology Surgery