Welcome to MemorialCare Orange Coast Medical Center. Your clinical rotation is an important element of your development as a healthcare professional and we want to ensure you have what is needed to prepare for your experience. The following is provided for your information. Complete any quizzes or acknowledgements and return them to your instructor or school placement contact who will forward them with your completed student profile to our clinical placement coordinator.
Complete the following training and submit the associated quizzes with your student profile documents:
- Contract Service and Student General Orientation Information
- Student Acknowledgement Forms and Quizzes
- HIPAA: HIPAA quiz is included in the student acknowledgement forms and quizzes. Students who expect to document in the medical record and have an MHS issued ID number beginning with N will complete the HIPAA training requirement as part of your Epic medical record training. If you will not be issued a non-employee identification number, complete the required HIPAA training by viewing the training available on this site.
- Corporate Compliance Training: Read this information, print and submit the completed quiz.
- Age-Specific Care Module
- Age-Specific Quiz
- Safe Patient Handling and Mobility
- Safe Patient Handling and Mobility Quiz
- Clinical Rotations for Childbirth Center Only: Complete the Infant Security Form.
For students with MHS ID numbers (N number) who will document care, complete the online training for the electronic medical record, Epic.
Instructions for accessing the EPIC EMR online training program:
- Click here to access the training site.
- Complete the Login information:
- ID = your MHS issued student ID “N” number
- Password: provided by your instructor
- Instructor Name: First and Last name
- School: GWC, Saddleback, UCI, CSUF, CSULB, UCLA, Santa Ana, etc.
- Click "Login"
- The HIPAA course is at the top of the page and must be completed before accessing the Epic training course.
- Complete the Epic training course appropriate for your discipline.
- The course consists of multiple modules. All modules must be viewed before the quiz link becomes available. You may leave and return to view the modules over time, if needed.
- To complete the course, open and complete the final exam (quiz) with a passing score.
Students must wear their school issued identification badge in clear view at all times while on the Orange Coast Medical Center campus.
Parking at MemorialCare Orange Coast Medical Center:
Print this parking permit and fill in the dates of your clinical rotation. Place the parking permit on your dashboard. Please park in the five-story parking structure, next to the main hospital 9920 Building. You are encouraged to carpool with other students when possible. The garage is accessible from either Foster Street or Brookhurst Street.