State-of-the-Art Angiography Suite
The Angiography Suite is a unique innovation offered through the MemorialCare Heart & Vascular Institute. The suite takes minimally invasive capabilities to a higher level, with advanced imaging technology supporting a wide variety of interventional vascular procedures.
With improved spatial resolution and soft tissue overlay, physicians can clearly see precise anatomical details and safely guide devices in real time - expediting even the most complex and challenging cases.
Diagnostics and Treatment
The Angiography Suite features an innovative image-guided system with a large flat-panel digital detector and surgical table, all in a sterile, fully functional procedure room. Because real-time diagnostics occur concurrently with therapeutic interventions, interventional radiologists, surgeons and clinical support teams can work side-by-side, providing the highest quality imaging and treatment services to patients.
The 3D fusion imaging provides superior image resolution and a clear view of soft tissue anatomy, which was not visible before. Data from prior imaging studies is fused with the new images to conserve time and radiation exposure. The technology also features dose reduction and dose management tools to assist the team in applying the ALARA principle (As Low as Reasonably Achievable) to exposures during procedures. And the virtually limitless multi-axis rotation and compact design allows for improved access to hard-to-reach areas of the body.
This type of imaging supports less invasive techniques and immediate visualization of results, particularly for patients with complicated vascular diseases. Patients benefit from superior outcomes and shorter hospital stays. The capabilities of the Angiography Suite also expedite procedure times, providing the utmost efficiency.
Interventional Procedures Offered at the MemorialCare Heart & Vascular Institute
- Angioplasty and Vascular Stenting
- Biliary Interventions
- Bone marrow biopsy
- Catheter Angiography
- Catheter Embolization
- Catheter-directed Thrombolysis
- Chemoembolization of liver
- Chest tube placement
- Chest port placement*
- Dialysis access
- Dialysis and Fistula/Graft De-clotting and Interventions
- Foreign body retrieval
- Inferior Vena Cava Filter Placement and Removal
- Joint aspirations
- Lumbar puncture
- Needle Biopsy under CT and Ultrasound guidance
- Needle Biopsy of the Thyroid
- Paracentesis and Thoracentesis
- Percutaneous Abscess Drainage
- Percutaneous Gastrostomy
- Radiofrequency Ablation of Tumors
- Radioembolization of hepatic tumors
- Thrombolysis of arterial clot
- Thrombolysis of deep venous thrombosis
- Thrombolysis of pulmonary emboli
- Transjugular Intrahepatic Portosystemic Shunt (TIPS)
- Uterine Fibroid Embolization
- Varicocele Embolization
- Varicose veins
- Vascular Access Procedures
- Vertebroplasty and Kyphoplasty