Emergency Rooms Nationwide are Closing, but Orange Coast Memorial is Expanding!
In an emergency, every second saves lives. As our regions population has grown and matured, so has the critical need for 24/7 emergency care. The need has resulted in dramatic growth in the number of people seeking treatment in Orange Coast Memorial’s Emergency Department.
- From 2011 to 2015, Emergency Department visits have grown by more than 24% in the past five years
- Today, our Emergency Department treats more than 35,000 patients each year
- Paramedics must increasingly bypass our Emergency Department because it is full
- Across the nation, 25% of emergency departments have closed over the past 20 years*
- Health care reform will expand insurance coverage and increase emergency department visits
To continue providing advanced, life-saving care to those who need it most – when they need it most – Orange Coast Memorial, in partnership with our community, is investing in a major Emergency Department expansion.