You may have heard of us, but do you know that we are a nonprofit integrated delivery system that includes some of Southern California’s best-known physician groups—MemorialCare Medical Group and Greater Newport Physicians—as well leading hospitals and multiple outpatient, community-based imaging, surgery, urgent care and dialysis centers? With our dedicated team of healthcare professionals, comprehensive services, and convenient locations, we are able to provide the best in quality care.
We’ve partnered with Aetna to bring you the Aetna Whole Health plan.
Aetna Whole Health is a new way of looking at healthcare. Through this unique partnership, MemorialCare is able to provide you—the patient—a better experience at a much lower cost. You'll have access to a special network of primary care doctors, specialists and hospitals focused on you. Led by a primary care doctor you pick, your care team will work with you to help keep you healthy or improve your health. And with a focus on preventive care, the aim is to help avoid sickness and resolve health issues early before they become serious.
Better health and lower costs...now that's something to feel good about.
The Aetna Whole Health Network:
- Three multi-award winning medical groups—MemorialCare Medical Group, Greater Newport Physicians, and Edinger Medical Group
- Leading primary care physicians and specialists
- Five Hospitals
- Numerous neighborhood-based health centers, urgent care centers, and ambulatory services that include imaging, breast, outpatient surgery and dialysis centers.
- Many health centers include in-house lab services, making it possible to take care of multiple needs at once
- 24/7 Telephone Nurse Line
- Dedicated Concierge Call Center to answer questions, help find a provider, or navigate the network
Ask your employer if they offer Aetna Whole Health.
MemorialCare Medical Group, an affiliate of MemorialCare, is an award-winning team of healthcare professionals dedicated to providing quality, compassionate care to communities in southern Los Angeles and Orange counties. Addressing the needs of patients of all ages, MemorialCare Medical Group offers a broad scope of multi-specialty services, including primary care, specialty and ancillary care, outpatient surgical services, radiology services and urgent care.
- 240 primary care physicians that specialize in internal medicine, family medicine and pediatrics.
- Access to over 1,500 specialists throughout the area.
- Scored in the 98th percentile in the “overall rating of doctor score” on the 2018 Patient Assessment Survey (PAS) and ranked number one in patient satisfaction in Orange County.
- Honored as one of the Top Performing Medical Groups in California by Integrated Healthcare Association; rated a consistent Star Performer by the office of the Patient Advocate of the state of California; and designated as Elite status by the America's Physician Groups (formerly CAPG).
- Part of a network that includes four top hospitals—Long Beach Medical Center, Miller Children's & Women's Hospital Long Beach, Orange Coast Medical Center, and Saddleback Medical Center.
- Nine Urgent Care Centers with extended hours and a 24/7 Telephone Advice Nurse Line.
- Access to myChart online portal allows patients to communicate with their physician, schedule appointments, renew prescriptions, view test results and access medical history.
- Convenient lab and digital X-ray services available at most sites.
- Preventive health programs encourage immunizations, disease management, preventive screenings and general wellness assessments.
Greater Newport Physicians (GNP), an affiliate of MemorialCare, was created in 1985 by doctors who wanted to improve care for the community. This multi-specialty Independent Practice Association (IPA) offers a comprehensive network of primary care physicians, including family practitioners, internists (internal medicine) and pediatricians, plus specialists. GNP and its physicians are well-known in the community for their high level of personalized, private-practice health care services and GNP has a 33-year track record of awards and recognition for quality, innovation and outstanding patient satisfaction.
- More than 130 primary care physicians plus a network of 1,000 physicians representing over 50 specialties.
- The only Independent Practice Association in Orange County to receive the Medicare Five Star rating by Integrated Health Association.
- Recognized as the highest 4-Star Elite status level by America's Physician Groups (formerly CAPG) for achievements in quality of care, patient satisfaction, care coordination and health information technology.
- Scored in the 98th percentile in the “overall rating of doctor score” on the 2018 Patient Assessment Survey (PAS) and ranked number two in patient satisfaction in Orange County.
- Focused on leveraging technology, including Electronic Medical Records and online patient portals, to improve the quality of care and provide added convenience and access for patients.
- Innovative health improvement programs and centers to help members manage their chronic and complex conditions, such as the award-winning ACTIVE Diabetes Management Program, the GNP Special Care Center, and the GNP Anticoagulation Center, as well as a broad network of affiliated urgent care centers to provide improved after-hours access to care.
- A team of care coordinators who provide support to members who have complex conditions that require coordination with multiple specialists, diagnostic testing and advanced treatment.
- Hospitalist program including nurse case managers for continuity and transition of care.
- An emphasis on prevention and preventive care programs to help members optimize their health, including helpful reminders of screenings, immunizations and flu shots.
Four leading teaching, community and specialty hospitals
- A nationally recognized comprehensive teaching hospital
- U.S. News & World Report Best Hospital
- American Heart Association Get with the Guidelines Gold Plus - Heart Failure and Stroke
- Magnet Designation
- Among the country’s 10 largest and most prominent children’s hospitals
- Leapfrog Quality and Safety Survey “One of the Top Children’s Hospitals in America”
- Voted by Orange County residents as among the best
- U.S. News & World Report Best Hospital
- U.S. News & World Report Best Hospital
- Orange County Register’s Best of Orange County
- America’s 50 Best HospitalsTM 2017 by Healthgrades
After Hour Care
Twist an ankle... have an upset stomach... baby running a temperature. The unexpected happens.
For all life-threatening conditions, call 9-1-1 or visit your nearest emergency room.
But for conditions needing prompt medical attention that are not life-threatening, MemorialCare’s urgent care centers offer lower costs than an ER, have extended hours, and are conveniently located throughout the Southland. Staffed by board-certified physicians and highly trained advanced health practitioners, they are able to treat a broad spectrum of illnesses and injuries while caring for patients of all ages. Although appointments are not required, you can schedule them in advance.
If you need help determining where to go or what to do during regular business hours, your PCP’s office is able to provide assistance.
Locations and Hours
Get started on a path to a healthier you!
You've decided to join MemorialCare. Now what? In order to get the most from your new health plan, follow these few steps. That way you can start to immediately build a relationship with your care team and, together, set goals for a healthier you.
1) Choose your medical group
When you join MemorialCare, you choose your medical group first. You can choose either:
2) Select a primary care physician (PCP) from within your chosen medical group.
Studies show that people who have long-term relationships with a primary care physician achieve improved health. Because our goal is to help you work toward and maintain a healthy life, we strongly encourage you to select a PCP as soon as possible to act as the center of your healthcare team. Your team may also include nurse practioners (NPs) and physician assistants (PAs) who support and help your physician address your healthcare needs. Should your PCP be unavailable, you can always see a member of your care team.
Primary Care Providers are:
- Family Medicine – Caring for patients of all ages, from infants to seniors
- Internal Medicine – Caring for patients age 18 and older
- Pediatric Medicine – Caring for patients under age 18
All our physicians are licensed by the State of California and are Board Certified or Board Eligible. As part of their licensure, they are required to complete additional hours of continuing medical education to provide you with the latest in medical knowledge. Often, our primary care physicians have developed additional areas of special interest such as women’s health, preventive care or sports medicine.
3) Make an appointment
To make an appointment, call your physician’s office directly. Our offices are generally open Monday through Friday from 8 am to 5 pm.
If you are a MemorialCare Medical Group patient, you may also schedule your appointment through our secure patient portal, myChart. myChart is your personalized internet connection to your doctor's office. Log in to message your doctor, refill prescriptions, make appointments, review lab or test results, and review your health history.
4) Seeing a specialist
Because there are times you may need more than primary care, both medical groups contract with specialists who can cover all your medical needs. All specialists are fully credentialed. Patients with HMO insurance plans will need a referral to see one of our specialists.
Additionally, MemorialCare Medical Group offers a variety of in-house specialists located in several of their offices. Specialties include cardiology, gastroenterology, neurology, oncology, physical medicine and rehabilitation, podiatry, pulmonology, rheumatology, and vascular medicine.