Make a Difference and Become Part of our Dedicated Team
Volunteers are a vital part of Long Beach Medical Center care teams, providing compassionate services and support to our patients, families and staff. Our generous volunteers dedicate their time and add value to a variety of programs that supplement the professional staff, enabling us to provide a memorable patient experience.
We are always looking for new volunteers, who are enthusiastic, qualified and committed individuals that can uphold our MemorialCare values of Integrity, Accountability, Best Practices, Compassion, and Synergy. If you desire to make a difference, to impact, or to learn while helping others, Volunteer Services at Long Beach Medical Center can help find the right program for you.
Become a Volunteer by
- Reviewing Volunteer Requirements
- Reviewing Volunteer Opportunities (scroll down)
- Completing an On-line Application (currently not active)
Upon review of your application, the Volunteer Office will contact you to schedule an interview.
Teen Volunteer Program
Volunteers are a vital part of MemorialCare, providing compassionate services and support to our patients, families and staff. Our generous volunteers give in a variety of ways that add value to our organization and improve care for our patients and families.
Long Beach Medical Center and Miller Children’s & Women’s Hospital will be hosting a summer session: Please check website in May for updates. Program capacity will be limited and program acceptance will be on a first come first serve basis. More information on how and when to apply is below.
Volunteer Program Requirements:
Please do not apply if you cannot meet the requirements below.
- Must be in High School grades 9-12
- Must attend in person volunteer orientation (program invitation will be sent).
- COVID Immunization: Must be fully vaccinated with a booster at the time you complete the application:
-- (3) doses of Pfizer or Moderna or
-- (1) dose of Johnson & Johnson and (1) booster of Pfizer or Moderna
- Must be able to provide proof of COVID, Varicella, Measles, Mumps and Rubella immunizations
- Must be able to provide proof of a negative TB result within 6 months of placement
- Must wear a mask while volunteering
- Assignment preferences will be considered but not guaranteed
Application Process For Adults
- Volunteers must complete the application form and send it to LBVolunteerServices@memorialcare.org
- Upon review of the application, selected applicants will be invited to participate in an interview.
- If assignment is mutually agreed upon, you will need to complete the following:
- Background check (Required if you are 18 or over. Must have a Social Security number to be processed)
- Two (2) TB tests (Administered without charge by LBM/MCHLB Employee Health Nurse)
- Influenza Vaccination is Required during Peak Flu Season (Administered without charge by LBM/MCHLB Employee Health Nurse)
- Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination
After completing above mentioned process, you will be asked to:
- Attend Volunteer Services Orientation (offered once a month)
- Purchase a volunteer uniform at a cost of $23.00.
- Complete and show competence in your service area training(s) as related to your duties.
Do you want to join the Patient & Family Advisory Council?
The Patient and family Advisory Council (PFAC) focuses on building partnerships between families and health care providers to best meet the needs of a patient. Their goal is to integrate the patient’s perspective to improve and strengthen patient care, programs, policies and services that impact the patient and family experience. The PFAC is a combined group which represents Long Beach Medical Center and Miller Children’s & Women’s Hospital Long Beach.
Long Beach Memorial Medical Center
2801 Atlantic Avenue
Long Beach, CA 90806
Phone: (562) 933-8044
By appointment only.