What is Gestational Diabetes?
Gestational diabetes is a condition that occurs during pregnancy and diabetes has never been previously diagnosed. Women who are pregnant may experience high blood sugar (glucose) levels. It is estimated that approximately 10 percent of pregnant women develop gestational diabetes.
Our diabetes in pregnancy programs provide pregnant women with the skills necessary to control their diabetes to help ensure a healthy pregnancy. Our programs follow the Sweet Success Model of Care developed by the California Diabetes and Pregnancy Program.
- Education about diabetes and pregnancy.
- Gestational diabetes.
- Blood glucose monitoring.
- Nutritious meal planning.
- Healthy coping strategies.
- Breastfeeding with diabetes.
- Psychosocial support and counseling.
- Stress management.