Your obstetrician-gynecologist (Ob/Gyn) may be the most important health care partner you ever have. Your Ob/Gyn will see you through some of the most significant times in your life: menstruation, PMS, conception, childbirth and menopause.
Maternity Care Specialists and Care Team
MemorialCare offers a team of highly trained gynecologists, obstetricians, perinatologists, neonatologists, pediatricians, nurses and other specialists. Our care teams are sensitive to the needs of women and committed to providing a high level of family-centered, quality service.
What does each maternity care specialist do?
MemorialCare physician partners throughout Los Angeles County and Orange County are widely recognized for excellence in gynecologic services and a high success rate with high-risk pregnancies.
- Certified Nurse Midwives - advanced practice registered nurses who provide care during active labor, birth, and the immediate postpartum period. They support natural childbirth techniques, provide guidance and support during the pushing phase, and offer assistance to find a position of comfort for your labor and delivery.
- Obstetrician – a physician who is specialized in the care of women throughout pregnancy. Obstetricians are training in surgical procedures such as a cesarean section to deliver babies.
- Gynecologist - a physician who is specialized in the female reproductive system. Gynecologists are training in surgical procedures to treat conditions involving the female reproductive system.
- Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN) - a physician who is specialized in both the care of women throughout pregnancy and the female reproductive system. Obstetrician & Gynecologists are training in surgical procedures to deliver babies and to treat conditions involving the female reproductive system.
- Perinatologist – a subspecialty of Obstetrics, a physician who is specialized in high-risk pregnancies and the care of the fetus that is experiencing complications.
- Neonatologists – a subspecialty of Pediatrics, a physician who is specialized in the medical care of newborns, especially premature newborns.
- Pediatricians – a physician who is specialized in the medical care of infants, children and adolescents up to the age of 18.
- Reproductive Endocrinology – a surgical subspecialty of Obstetrics and Gynecology, a physician who is specialized in reproductive medicine, a focus of hormone functions and infertility.
How to find a maternity care specialist
When you need to seek care from a specialist it is a good first step to talk to your primary care physician and ask them for a referral to a specialist. Obstetrician & Gynecologists, perinatologists, reproductive endocrinologists, neonatologists, pediatricians can be searched in our Find a Doctor physician’s directory.