We believe that being well-informed will help you make the best choices about your cancer care when you consult with our physicians. Below, we have provided some links to independent online resources for cancer information.
- American Cancer Society
- American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer
- Cancer Insurance Checklist
- Medical Journal resources from Medscape provided by WebMD
- National Comprehensive Cancer Network
- National Cancer Institute
- I Had Cancer
- National Coalition for Cancer Survivorship
- Parents Against Cancer
- US TOO International
- Cancer Support Community - Redondo Beach
Genetic Resources for Patients and Families
- American Cancer Society - The American Cancer Society is an excellent resource for individuals with cancer and also provides information regarding discussing cancer with friends, family members and children.
- My Family Health Portrait Tool - The Web-based tool from the US Surgeon General helps users organize family history information and then print it out. Additionally, the tool helps users save their family history information to their own computer and even share family history information with other family members.
- Genetic Alliance - Genetic Alliance increases the capacity of genetic advocacy groups to achieve their missions and leverages the voices of millions of individuals and families living with genetic conditions. As a coalition of hundreds of genetic advocacy organizations, health professionals, clinics, hospitals and companies, Genetic Alliance is at the crossroads of the genetics community.
- Facing Our Risk of Cancer Empowered (FORCE) - FORCE is dedicated to fighting hereditary breast and ovarian cancer. Their website contains more information about their organization, support groups, resources for at-risk individuals.
- Bright Pink - A resource providing support specifically to young women who are at high risk for breast and ovarian cancer.
- Hereditary Colon Cancer Takes Guts - The Hereditary Colon Cancer Foundation is a nonprofit organization serving the hereditary colorectal cancer community.