What is Blue Light Cystoscopy with Cysview®?
Cysview is a pharmaceutical product that makes non-muscle invasive bladder cancer tumors glow bright pink under blue light during a cystoscopy, a procedure that allows your doctor to examine the lining of your bladder and the tube that carries urine out of your body (urethra). Because the cancer is more visible using the blue light, urologists can remove it more completely than if they weren’t using Cysview. This advanced approach to detecting non-muscle invasive bladder cancer (NMIBC) is intended for patients suspected or known to have lesion(s) on the basis of a prior cystoscopy, or in patients undergoing surveillance cystoscopy for bladder cancer.
Offers Optimal Diagnosis Right from the First Transurethral Resection of a Bladder Tumor (TURBT)
- Increased detection of primary and recurring non-muscle invasive bladder cancer tumors
- Improved quality of TURBT and tumor resection, leading to appropriate disease management decisions
- Up to 45% of patients present with tumors at their first surveillance cystoscopy when TURBT was performed with only white light; and
- Incomplete TURBT is likely a contributing factor
The Clinical Evidence
* A Prospective, Comparative, Within-Patient Controlled Multi-Center Phase 3 Study in the Detection of Bladder Cancer During Surveillance.
** A Prospective, Comparative, Within-Patient Controlled Multi-C Phase 3 Study in the detection of Ta/T1 NMIBC in patients who had previously undergone a cystoscopy and had suspicion of or confirmed NMIBC.
Important Safety Information About Cysview® (hexaminolevulinate HCl)
Cysview is not a replacement for random bladder biopsies or other procedures used in the detection of bladder cancer. Anaphylactoid shock, hypersensitivity reactions, bladder pain, cystitis, and abnormal urinalysis have been reported after administration of Cysview. The most common adverse reactions seen in clinical trials were bladder spasm, dysuria, hematuria, and bladder pain.