Dr. Randhawa is the medical director of the Children’s Pulmonary Institute at Miller Children’s & Women’s. He has served at Miller Children’s & Women’s in various leadership positions for more than a decade. Dr. Randhawa also is the Program Director of the Pediatric Pulmonology Fellowship at UCI and Miller Children's & Women’s. He has led several initiatives at Miller Children’s & Women’s resulting in regional and national acclaim including the Sickle Cell Pulmonary Center, Disease Specific Certification in Pediatric Asthma from The Joint Commission, and the Primary Ciliary Dyskinesia Center.
Dr. Randhawa is a leading specialist in internal medicine, pediatrics, immunology, allergy medicine, and pulmonology with fifteen years of experience. Dr. Randhawa focuses on the research and treatment of ‘orphan’ diseases—areas of medicine that have stalled in development and progress. He is the president and chief medical officer of the Translational Pulmonary & Immunology Research Center (TPIRC), a nonprofit corporation located in Long Beach, California, which uses a specialized ‘collaborative’ approach to treating patients suffering from these orphan diseases. Dr. Randhawa is also the founder of TPIRC's Southern California Food Allergy Institute, a nonprofit dedicated to providing innovative and safe treatment for the six million children in the U.S. who suffer from food allergies. In 2021 and 2022, he was recognized as a Top Los Angeles Doctor by the Los Angeles Business Journal.
- American Board of Allergy & Immunology, Board Certification, October 2007
- American Board of Pediatrics, Pediatric Pulmonology, Board Certification, November 2010
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Medicine, Specialty Pathway, 1/2015
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Board Certification, August 2005
- American Board of Pediatrics, Board Certification, October 2005
Areas of Interest
- Pulmonary diseases, immune deficiencies, allergy and transplant medicine.
- Allergy & Immunology/Pediatric Pulmonology/Transitional Pulmonary Medicine
- Adult Cystic Fibrosis
- Transitional Health Care design (pediatric to adult medicine)
- Lung Transplantation
- Immunomodulatory Therapeutics
- Food Allergy Diagnostics and Therapeutics
Allergy & Immunology, Allergy & Immunology - Pediatric, Pulmonary Disease, Pulmonary Disease - Pediatric
Northwestern University’s Feinberg School of Medicine
Loma Linda University Medical Center
UCLA School of Medicine, Allergy & Clinical Immunology, Transplant Immunology
UC Irvine Pediatric & Adult Pulmonology
Long Beach Memorial Medical Center