In response to COVID-19, our team at the MemorialCare Cancer Institute has implemented extensive safety protocols to protect our patients and staff. We want to assure you that safety remains our top priority, and we have the following precautions in place:
- Our staff and physicians follow strict precautions with every patient encounter to prevent the spread of infection.
- All patients undergoing a procedure are tested for COVID-19 24-72 hours prior to their appointment.
- Before entering our center, all individuals are screened for COVID-19 related symptoms, their temperatures are taken, and a mask is provided upon entry.
- All of our personnel, including our nurses, doctors and ancillary staff, are utilizing PPE to ensure safety.
- We have implemented new wait-time protocols to minimize the number of patients and time spent in the waiting room.
- We maintain stringent cleaning and sterilization protocols for all rooms, equipment and surfaces.
- Telehealth is available for all consultative and follow-up visits via Zoom, FaceTime or phone calls.
- We are educating patients about our new safety precautions upon referral.