We welcome parents to stay with their child and encourage children to have visitors. To maintain the healthiest environment possible and to avoid infections please make sure that visitors with a cough, sniffles, sore throat or other symptoms wait until they are well to come visit. Hand-sanitizers are also located throughout the hospital to keep parents and visitors healthy. We appreciate your partnership that enables us to give your child optimal care.
General Visiting Hours
- From 8 AM to 9 PM.
- Visitors should sign in daily at the information desk and wear their visitor sticker at all times.
- Please wash your hands before and after visiting a child in the hospital, and whenever you leave and return to your child’s room while visiting.
- Visitors under the age of 14 years must be accompanied by an adult.
- Patient information is only provided to parents or legal guardians.
- Meals are served at set times each day and snacks are available by asking a member of your care team.
- Breakfast: 8:15-8:45 AM
- Lunch: Noon-12:45 PM
- Dinner: 4:45-5:45 PM
- For the safety of our patients, latex balloons are not permitted at Miller Children’s.
General Visiting Hours for Intensive Care Units
- From 1:00 – 6:30 PM
- Parents must be with any visitor at all times.
- Grandparents may visit any time. In the NICU, grandparents must be accompanied by a parent.
- Siblings (3 years through 13 years), must be siblings of the patient and may visit during general visiting hours for short periods of time. (See notice above about Visitor Restriction During Flu Season)
- The environment of the Intensive Care Units may be overwhelming for young children, so let the patient’s nurse know about the arranged visit. The Child Life Department can offer support and prepare the sibling for their first visit. The Child Life Department can be reached at (562) 933-8060.