Covered California is a health insurance marketplace, created through the Affordable Care Act, which helps individuals and families compare health insurance plans and choose the plan that works best for their health care needs and budget. Financial assistance is available to help reduce costs for those who qualify.
With Convenient Locations Near Your Home and Work
Our Medical Groups
Our network of nearly 300 primary care physicians and 2,000 specialists includes top-rated physician groups:
- MemorialCare Medical Group
- Greater Newport Physicians
- Edinger Medical Group
Our doctors and clinical teams strive every day to deliver an exceptional patient experience, and the results are getting noticed:
The MemorialCare network extends from the South Bay to South Orange County, and includes four award-winning hospitals:
- MemorialCare Long Beach Medical Center
- MemorialCare Miller Women’s & Children’s Hospital Long Beach
- MemorialCare Orange Coast Medical Center
- MemorialCare Saddleback Medical Center
Our hospitals are consistently ranked among the top in the nation by industry and news leaders:
MemorialCare has the largest outpatient network in Southern California:
- 4 award-winning hospitals
- 32 health centers
- 260 primary care physicians
- 8 ambulatory imaging centers
- 8 surgical centers
- 13 urgent care centers
- 13 breast care centers
- 33 physical therapy sites
- 16 community-based dialysis sites
- 7 home-based dialysis programs
- 14,000+ employees & physicians
Many procedures can be done more conveniently and more affordably in an outpatient center. When you are a member of our value-based health plans, we can guide you to the most appropriate and affordable place of care, whether that be a community-based center or one of our outstanding hospitals equipped and ready to handle more complex acute healthcare needs.
Choose MemorialCare through Covered California
As one of California’s award-winning health care systems, MemorialCare offers access to top doctors, outstanding hospitals and convenient outpatient services. Choose a Covered California plan which gives you access to MemorialCare where you will receive personalized, integrated care including primary, specialty and urgent care. It also ensures you have access to the most advanced care at MemorialCare’s nationally recognized hospitals.
- Covered California: Anthem Blue Cross HMO, Blue Shield of California EPO, Health Net PPO.
- See a full list of Covered California plans accepted by MemorialCare Medical Group.
Call (877) 696-3622 to speak to a representative about choosing a MemorialCare physician through a Covered California Health Benefit Exchange Plan.
- You can’t be denied coverage because of your age, gender, pre-existing condition or other health status that may have made it hard to get coverage in the past.
- You may be eligible for subsidies that can reduce the amount you pay for health insurance.
- You can select from a range of plans to fit your needs and budget. Four tiers of plans are offered — bronze, silver, gold and platinum. You may also add optional benefits such as dental and vision coverage.
- If you don’t have health insurance coverage, you may pay a penalty collected through your income tax return. The penalty will be based on your income and will increase each year.
- Open enrollment for Covered California health insurance plans happens once a year. Open enrollment begins on November 1, 2020, and lasts until January 31, 2021. Sign up before December 15, 2020 for January 1, 2021 coverage. After December 15, coverage will begin February 1, 2021.
- All health insurance plans available through Covered California cover the same essential health benefits such as preventive screenings; doctor visits; hospital care; emergency care; care for pregnant women, infants and children; and prescription drugs.
- There are three ways to enroll in a Covered California Health Benefits Exchange Plan. You may obtain coverage by enrolling:
MemorialCare Medical Group is made up of more than 200 physicians in the areas of internal medicine, family medicine, pediatrics, geriatric medicine, pulmonology, gastroenterology, neurology, physiatry, sleep medicine and acupuncture. Learn More.
MemorialCare is integrated and affiliated with the following top hospitals: Orange Coast Medical Center, Saddleback Medical Center - Laguna Hills, Long Beach Medical Center, Miller Children's Hospital Long Beach. Learn More.