Covered California is a health insurance marketplace, created through the Affordable Care Act, which helps individuals and families compare health insurance plans and choose the plan that works best for their health care needs and budget. Financial assistance is available to help reduce costs for those who qualify.
Choose MemorialCare through Covered California
As one of California’s award-winning health care systems, MemorialCare offers access to top doctors, outstanding hospitals and convenient outpatient services. Choose a Covered California plan which gives you access to MemorialCare where you will receive personalized, integrated care including primary, specialty and urgent care. It also ensures you have access to the most advanced care at MemorialCare’s nationally recognized hospitals.
MemorialCare Medical Group accepts the following Covered California Health Benefit Exchange Plans:
- Covered California: Anthem Blue Cross EPO and PPO, Blue Shield of California EPO and PPO, Health Net PPO.
- See a full list of Covered California plans accepted by MemorialCare Medical Group.
MemorialCare hospitals accept the following Covered California Health Benefit Exchange Plans:
- Covered California: Anthem Blue Cross, Blue Shield of California EPO and PPO, Health Net PPO.
- See more Covered California plans accepted by our hospitals
When you choose a plan, ensure that it allows you to access the primary care physicians and hospitals you prefer.
Call 1-888-848-WELL (1-888-848-9355) to speak to one of our representatives about choosing a MemorialCare physician through a Covered California Health Benefit Exchange Plan.
What You Need to Know About Covered California
- You can’t be denied coverage because of your age, gender, pre-existing condition or other health status that may have made it hard to get coverage in the past.
- You may be eligible for subsidies that can reduce the amount you pay for health insurance.
- You can select from a range of plans to fit your needs and budget. Four tiers of plans are offered — bronze, silver, gold and platinum. You may also add optional benefits such as dental and vision coverage.
- If you don’t have health insurance coverage, you may pay a penalty collected through your income tax return. The penalty will be based on your income and will increase each year.
- Open enrollment for Covered California health insurance plans happens once a year. Open enrollment begins on November 1, 2015, and lasts until January 31, 2016. Sign up before December 15, 2015 for January 1, 2016 coverage. After December 15, coverage will begin February 1, 2016.
- All health insurance plans available through Covered California cover the same essential health benefits such as preventive screenings; doctor visits; hospital care; emergency care; care for pregnant women, infants and children; and prescription drugs.
- There are three ways to enroll in a Covered California Health Benefits Exchange Plan. You may obtain coverage by enrolling:
Choose Well. Choose MemorialCare.