Getting answers to important women's heart health questions can help get you on the right path to prevention and improving your life-long health and well-being.
Ask your physician these women's heart health questions:
- What is my risk for heart disease?
- What screening or diagnostic tests for heart disease do I need?
- What are my numbers and what do they mean?
Cholesterol—total cholesterol, LDL (“bad”) cholesterol, HDL (“good”) cholesterol, and triglycerides.
Body mass index and waist circumference measurement.
Blood sugar level (could indicate risk for diabetes).
- What can you do to help me quit smoking?
- How much physical activity do I need to help protect my heart?
- What is a heart-healthy eating plan for me?