You want great healthcare for your employees and a healthy bottom line.
You can have both. That’s why we’re here.
We reduce employer healthcare costs in many ways, including:
|Participation in high-value health plans:
such as the Aetna Whole Health Accountable Care Organization (ACO), both PPO and HMO options, and our innovative Direct-to-Employer solution for self-insured companies, like our partnership with The Boeing Company
We use our fully-integrated network of primary care physicians, specialists, and pharmacists to eliminate inefficiencies such as duplicate tests and unnecessary procedures
Not everything needs to happen at the hospital. We utilize our high-value, community-based ambulatory centers when a costlier hospital environment isn't necessary
We work directly with patients to manage chronic conditions, resulting in fewer ER visits and hospital stays
|Utilization of Claims Data:
Our team uses claims data to proactively identify rising high-risk, high-cost employees and engaging them in better health
|Pharmacy Care Management:
Our dedicated Pharmacy Care Management team reviews medication therapies to ensure appropriate drug utilization, minimizing high-cost drug usage when possible
People per year trust us
with their care. Many of
them are your employees.
Primary care physicians,
and over 2,000 specialists
in our network.
Sites of care including
four leading hospitals, and
ten urgent care centers
The MemorialCare network stretches from the South Bay to South Orange County, and includes four award-winning hospitals:
- MemorialCare Long Beach Medical Center
- MemorialCare Miller Women’s and Children’s Hospital Long Beach
- MemorialCare Orange Coast Medical Center
- MemorialCare Saddleback Medical Center
Our hospitals are consistently ranked among the top in the nation by industry and news leaders:
- 2019 U.S. News & World Report named Long Beach Medical Center as the highest ranked hospital in Greater Long Beach, Top 6 in Los Angeles County, Top 9 in Orange and L.A. Counties, and Top 15 in California.
- In 2019, Orange Coast Medical Center and Saddleback Medical Center took the top two spots in the Best Hospital Category in Orange County Register’s “Best of Orange County” reader survey
- Miller Children’s & Women’s Hospital Long Beach: 2019 Baby-Friendly designation - Ranked in the top 10% of U.S. hospitals and birth centers by Baby-Friendly USA, Inc. and Magnet designation by American Nurses Credentialing Center's Magnet Recognition Program for nursing excellence
- Becker’s Healthcare list of top healthcare systems
MemorialCare’s impressive provider network of nearly 300 primary care physicians and 2,000 specialists includes top-rated physician groups – MemorialCare Medical Group, Greater Newport Physicians, and Edinger Medical Group.
Our doctors and clinical team strive every day to deliver an exceptional patient experience, and the results are getting noticed:
- MemorialCare Medical Group physicians and Greater Newport Physicians earned the Excellence in Healthcare Award, California's top honor for physician organizations, by the Integrated Healthcare Association
- MemorialCare Medical Group was in the 98th percentile for patient care from the statewide Patient Assessment Survey by the Pacific Business Group on Health. To earn this recognition, physician organizations must perform in the top 50% on clinical quality, patient experience, and total cost of care. Only 30 of nearly 200 participating physician organizations statewide were chosen
- Edinger Medical Group achieved a 4.5 start rating from the Medicare Advantage Program
- Orange County Register's Best of Orange County: MemorialCare Medical Group
- America’s Physician Groups, the leading association in the country representing physician organizations practicing coordinated care, awarded Exemplary Status to MemorialCare Medical Group, Greater Newport Physicians, and Edinger Medical Group in its 2019 Standards of Excellence survey.
MemorialCare has the largest ambulatory network in Southern California:
- 4 award-winning hospitals
- 27 health centers
- 260 primary care physicians
- 28 ambulatory imaging centers
- 8 surgical centers
- 9 urgent care centers
- 13 community-based dialysis sites
- 7 home-based dialysis programs
- 14,000+ employees & physicians
Many procedures can be done more conveniently and more affordably in an ambulatory center. When your employees are members of our value-based health plans, we can guide them to the most appropriate and affordable place for their care, whether that be a community-based center or one of our outstanding hospitals equipped and ready to handle more complex acute healthcare needs.
"My commitment to revolutionizing value is to provide every resource available for MemorialCare to continue leading in Value-Based Care while advocating for others statewide and nationally to follow our lead - for the betterment of the U.S. health system". Barry S. Arbuckle, Ph.D., President & CEO
Your Healthcare Map
Medical Centers, Imaging & Radiology Centers, Surgical Centers, MemorialCare Medical Groups, Urgent Care, Dialysis Centers and more.