Make a Difference and Become Part of our Dedicated Team
Volunteers are a vital part of Long Beach Memorial and Miller Children's & Women's Hospital Long Beach care teams, providing compassionate services and support to our patients, families, and staff. Our generous volunteers offer their time, effort, and talents in a variety of assignments that supplement the professional staff, enabling us to provide the best services and care to our patients and families. We have over 600 volunteers throughout our hospital, assisting as guest greeters, escorts, messengers, cuddlers, etc.
We are always looking for new volunteers, who are enthusiastic, qualified and committed individuals that can uphold our MemorialCare values of Accountability, Best Practices, Compassion, and Synergy. If you desire to make a difference, to touch a life, or to learn while helping others, Volunteer Services at Long Beach Memorial and Miller Children's & Women's Hospital Long Beach can help find the right place for you.
Become a Volunteer by
Upon review of your application, the Volunteer Office will contact you to schedule an interview to meet and determine which of our volunteer vacancies you are best suited for.
Teen Volunteers (Volunteens)
Volunteen Summer Program information will be available during the week of May 1st 2017.
- Volunteers must be at least 18 years of age.
- Volunteers must commit to six months of volunteering usually done in one or two 4 hour shifts per week.
- Complete background check, TB tests, and Influenza vaccination (during flu season).
- Volunteers must abide by all patient confidentiality guidelines, customer service expectations, departmental and hospital policies.
- Volunteers must complete an on-line application.
- Upon review of application, selected applicants will be invited to participate in an interview.
- If assignment is mutually agreed upon, you will need to complete the following:
- Background check is required if you are over 18 years of age (Must have a Social Security number to be processed).
- Two TB tests (administered without charge by the LBM/MCHLB Employee Health Nurse).
- Influenza Vaccination is Required during Peak Flu Season
- Read Volunteer Handbook and Complete Hospital Policies and Procedures Quiz
After completing above mentioned process, you will be asked to:
- Attend Volunteer Services Orientation (offered twice monthly)
- Purchase a volunteer uniform at a cost of $23.00.
- Complete and show competence in your service area training(s) as related to your duties.