Born and raised in South America, Dr. Montero knew at an early age that he would someday become a doctor. He followed the footsteps of his maternal grandfather, who was a small town, very dedicated and charismatic physician and surgeon. Dr. Montero's passion for cardiac surgery was the result of a wonderful mentorship and friendship by an exemplary cardiac surgeon and human being, during medical school.
After serving for four years in the United State Air Force as a medic, Dr. Montero earned both his Bachelor of Science and Medical degrees at the University of Southern California, and USC Keck School of Medicine, respectively. He then completed his general surgery residency at the University of California San Francisco-East Bay, before returning to USC to do a three-year fellowship in cardiothoracic surgery. Dr. Montero is the Medical Director of Cardiothoracic Surgery at Saddleback Medical Center.
When not in the office, Dr. Montero enjoys gardening, hiking, and spending time with his family.
Personal Quote: "Treat your patients like precious and loved family members. There is no more powerful and efficient stimulus that will drive your desire for sound clinical judgment and technical surgical expertise in the care of patients. This is the recipe to show compassion, relieve suffering, and help patients return home to their families".
- Minimally Invasive Cardiac Valve Repair And Replacement
- Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting
- Ascending And Descending Thoracic Aortic Aneurysm Repair
- Aortic Root Enlargement Procedures
- Aortic Root Aneurysm Repair
- Acute Ascending Aortic Dissection Repair
- Surgical Ablation Of Atrial Fibrillation (AFib)
- Resection Of Cardiac Tumors
- Atrial Septal And Ventricular Septal Defects
- Cardiac Surgical Critical Care
- Cardiothoracic Trauma
- Cardiac Surgical Treatment Of Endocarditis
- Complex Aortic-Mitral Valve Reconstruction
- Re-Operative Cardiac Surgery
- Mediastinal Tumors
- Minimally and Robotic-Assisted MIDCAB
- American Board Of Thoracic Surgery
- American College Of Surgeons
- Society Of Thoracic Surgeons
- Cardiothoracic / Thoracic Surgery