Our Gastrointestinal (GI) Cancer Program offers the latest in cutting-edge technology, diagnostics and advanced treatments.
We care for patients suffering from a wide range of gastrointestinal cancers including:
- Colon and rectum
When it comes to patient care, our dedicated team believes in collaboration and partnership among specialties.
A multi-disciplinary team of specialists ranging from gastroenterologists, oncologists and radiation oncologists to surgeons, pathologists and radiologists convene at the Gastrointestinal Treatment Planning Conference. Their mission is to create a comprehensive and individualized plan to serve each patient’s unique needs. This allows patients premier access to specialist’s opinions well beyond one aspect of their cancer.
- Specialized programs for colorectal cancer, and pancreatic and liver cancer, each with dedicated surgeons.
- A nurse navigator guides each patient on their journey with GI cancer.
- Chemotherapy and biological therapies for GI cancers are provided by a team of registered nurses in our dedicated Ambulatory Infusion Center housed in the Todd Cancer Pavilion.
- Our Radiation Oncology Center offers advanced radiation treatment for GI cancers, using state-of-the-art equipment to specifically target tumors. Our Radiation Oncology Center has received accreditation from the American College of Radiology meeting the highest level of quality and radiation safety.
- We offer the latest in technology and minimally invasive approaches to cancer. We’re one of the only hospitals in the region, and the only hospital in Long Beach, to offer interventional endoscopy to help diagnose and treat cancers early including endoscopic ultrasound (EUS), Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP), direct cholangioscopy, complex luminal and palliative stunting, and endoscopic mucosal resection.
- We’re a leader in treating both early and advanced cancer. Patients at Long Beach Medical Center have access to minimally invasive laparoscopic and robotic-assisted surgery techniques.
- We have a team of high volume surgeons, who have performed thousands of surgeries in their specialties, resulting in better outcomes for patients.
- We offer interventional oncology, which is a field of medicine, or sub-set of interventional radiology, that utilizes imaging, such as MRI, CAT scan, ultrasound and X-ray to perform minimally invasive procedures on patients for the diagnosis and treatment of cancer. Interventional oncology techniques may be appropriate for patients whose cancer cannot be surgically removed or is not effectively treated with chemotherapy, or can be used in combination with other therapies.
For more information, please call (562) 933-1877.