Khaled Fareed, MD, is a Board Certified Urologist at Urology Center of Orange County. He earned his medical degree from Assiut University School of Medicine in Egypt. He completed an internship and residency in urology and general surgery at University of Texas Southwestern Medical center at Dallas, Texas.
After training, he became Staff at the Department of Urology at the Glickman Urological and Kidney Institute, The number one Urology Department according to US-World & News Report. He held the academic position of Assistant Professor at Lerner College of Medicine at Case Western Reserve University. After 13 year with Cleveland Clinic, he then moved to Phoenix, Arizona & joined DMG/Creighton University for a year prior to moving to Orange County.
Dr Fareed was among the team who performed the first Robotic Single Port Trans-Vesical Prostatectomy and among the first 9 Urologists who were trained on & used the DaVinci Single Port (SP) Robotic Platform. Performing Extra-peritoneal Robotic Prostatectomy, Pyeloplasty, ureteral reimplants & Excision of bladder diverticulae as well as Y-V plasty of Bladder neck contractures. He has published a number of articles and abstracts on topics such as: radio-frequency ablation of renal lesions, laparoscopic urological surgery, and overactive bladder in men, among many others. He has also lectured on bladder and prostate cancer detection.
- Robotic nerve sparing prostatectomy
- Laparoscopic and Robotic partial and radical nephrectomy
- Robotic and Laparoscopic Pyeloplasty
- Robotic and Laparoscopic Adrenalectomy
- BPH minimally invasive procedures including Rezum, Urolift, AquaBeam, Green Light laser, Plasma Kinetic Vaporization, Thulium enucleation/Ablation, HoLEP.
- Single Port and Single Site surgeries and kidney stone surgeries including laser, shockwave and percutaneous procedures.
Dr. Fareed is a member of several professional societies, including the American Urological Association, Endourological Society, European Association of Urology, American Medical Association and the American Association of Clinical Urologists, among others.
Assiut University School of Medicine, Asyut, Egypt
Internship and Residency
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX