Monday - Friday: 7 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Dizziness, vertigo, and balance problems are common conditions that can have a significant impact on daily living. There can be various causes of these conditions including the involvement of the vestibular system. The vestibular system is a complex system including parts of the inner ear and brain that has an important contribution in our ability to maintain balance and equilibrium.
You may be experiencing symptoms including:
- Vertigo or a sensation of spinning
- Oscillopsia or visual changes while moving
- Fear of falling or a history of falls
Thorough evaluation and testing is paramount to determining the best course of treatment. MemorialCare Orange Coast Medical Center Outpatient Rehabilitation offers specialized evaluation and treatment for those with vestibular issues and balance problems.
Our Balance and Vestibular Rehabilitation Program offers treatment for the following conditions:
- Balance Deficits and History of Falls
- Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV)
- Vestibular Hypofunction
- Unilateral and Bilateral Vestibular Disorders
- Central Vestibular Dysfunction including dizziness/vertigo from Stroke
- Motion Sensitivity
- Cervicogenic Dizziness
Our physical therapists have advanced education including a Vestibular Rehabilitation Competency-Based training course sponsored through the American Physical Therapy Association. They are members of the Vestibular Rehabilitation Special Interest Group of the Academy of Neurologic Physical Therapy and members of the Vestibular Disorders Association.