Make a Difference and Become Part of our Dedicated Team
Volunteers are a vital part of Long Beach Medical Center and Miller Children's & Women's Hospital Long Beach care teams, providing compassionate services and support to our patients, families, and staff. Our generous volunteers offer their time, effort, and talents in a variety of assignments that supplement the professional staff, enabling us to provide the best services and care to our patients and families. We have over 600 volunteers throughout our hospital, assisting as guest greeters, escorts, messengers, cuddlers, etc.
We are always looking for new volunteers, who are enthusiastic, qualified and committed individuals that can uphold our MemorialCare values of Accountability, Best Practices, Compassion, and Synergy. If you desire to make a difference, to touch a life, or to learn while helping others, Volunteer Services at Long Beach Medical Center and Miller Children's & Women's Hospital Long Beach can help find the right place for you.
Become a Volunteer by
- Reviewing Volunteer Requirements
- Reviewing Volunteer Opportunities (scroll down)
- Completing an On-line Application (currently not active)
Upon review of your application, the Volunteer Office will contact you to schedule an interview.
Teen Volunteer Program
In an effort to protect our patients and volunteers and reduce the spread of the COVID-19, Long Beach Medical Center and Miller Children’s & Women’s has temporarily suspended our Volunteen Program. We appreciate your patience and understanding. Please check back for updates.
Application Process For Adults
- Volunteers must complete the application form and send it to [email protected]
- Upon review of the application, selected applicants will be invited to participate in an interview.
- If assignment is mutually agreed upon, you will need to complete the following:
- Background check (Required if you are 18 or over. Must have a Social Security number to be processed)
- Two (2) TB tests (Administered without charge by LBM/MCHLB Employee Health Nurse)
- Influenza Vaccination is Required during Peak Flu Season (Administered without charge by LBM/MCHLB Employee Health Nurse)
- Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination
After completing above mentioned process, you will be asked to:
- Attend Volunteer Services Orientation (offered once a month)
- Purchase a volunteer uniform at a cost of $23.00.
- Complete and show competence in your service area training(s) as related to your duties.
Miller Children's Hospital Long Beach
2801 Atlantic Avenue
Long Beach, CA 90806
Phone: (562) 933-9040
Monday - Friday 8 am - 4:30 pm