Saddleback Medical Center Excels Amid Global Pandemic
While Saddleback Medical Center staff members relentlessly serve on the front lines of the ongoing battle against COVID-19, their perseverance toward exceeding national benchmarks and providing the safest patient care remains unchanged. Their hard work and persistent spirit are evidenced by the national recognition and awards recently presented to our hospital.
- “A” Hospital Safety Grade for Fall 2020 from The Leapfrog Group: Peer-reviewed assessment of 27 safety measures that scores hospitals with a letter grade
- 2020 Top Workplace award from The Orange County Register: Evaluation based on feedback from hospital employees and businesses across Orange County
- Named a 2020-21 Best Regional Hospital by U.S. News & World Report: Received high-performing rankings in orthopedics, urology, abdominal aortic aneurysm repair, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, heart failure and knee replacement
- 2020 California Maternity Honor Roll recipient: Recognized by the California Health and Human Services Agency for meeting the 23.9 percent statewide target of C-sections for low-risk births
- Designated a Best Hospital in the 2020 Best of Orange County awards: Based on votes from readers of The Orange County Register
- 2020 California Opioid Honor Roll recipient: One of 53 hospitals recognized for promoting safe and effective opioid use, providing treatment for patients with opioid use disorder and preventing opioid overdoses
- 2020 Pandemic Heroism Award from The Leapfrog Group: MemorialCare was one of only 24 health systems honored for our continued commitment to patient safety during the COVID-19 pandemic
- American Heart Association’s 2020 Get With The Guidelines®— Stroke Gold Plus: Advanced recognition from the American Heart Association for hospitals that consistently comply with quality measures for stroke care
- Named a Best Maternity Hospital 2021: One of only two hospitals in Orange County to be included on Newsweek’s prestigious list for meeting maternity care quality and safety targets, powered by data from The Leapfrog Group
The achievements of our staff are remarkable even in the midst of a pandemic year. As we continue advancing our fight against a demanding virus, my hope is that our patients will find greater peace of mind in knowing they have access to safe, high-quality and compassionate health care, right here in south Orange County
Marcia Manker, CEO of Saddleback Medical Center.
To learn more, visit memorialcare.org/saddleback.