Try this recipe for Chicken & Spiced Apples
A healthy recipe the whole family will enjoy. It has with less than 200 calories per serving.
- 2 apples, preferably Braeburn, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil,divided
- 3 teaspoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1-1/8 teaspoons Herbes de Provence
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- Toss apple slices with lemon juice and cinnamon in a small bowl. Heat 1 teaspoon oil and 1 teaspoon butter in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the apples and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 5 minutes. Keep warm.
- Mix 1 teaspoon Herbes de Provence, salt and pepper. Place chicken between sheets of plastic wrap and pound with a meat mallet or the bottom of a small saucepan to a 1/2-inch thickness. Sprinkle the chicken on both sides with the seasoning mixture.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil and 1 teaspoon butter in a large skillet over high heat. Add half the chicken and cook until no longer pink in the center, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove to a platter and keep warm. Add the remaining 1 teaspoon oil and 1 teaspoon butter to the pan; heat over high heat. Cook the remaining chicken in the same manner.
- Add broth, lemon zest, the remaining 1/8 teaspoon Herbes and any accumulated juices from the chicken to the pan. Cook, stirring to scrape up any browned bits, until slightly reduced, about 3 minutes. Spoon the sauce over the chicken and serve with the sautéed apples.