What is Patient and Family Centered Care?
Patient and family centered care focuses on building partnerships between families and health care providers to best meet the needs of a patient. Our goal is to integrate the patient’s perspective to improve and strengthen patient care, programs, policies and services that impact the patient and family experience.
The Patient & Family Advisory Council Role:
- Collaborates with employees on the development of policies and programs that best serve patients and families
- Participates in rounding with patients and hospital executives
- Participates in process improvement work
- Provides input into design and improvement of new and existing hospital buildings
- Reviews and updates patient education materials
- Represents the patient voice on various councils and committees
- Represents the hospital at national and local opportunities
The mission and purpose of the Patient & Family Advisory Council is to ensure that patient and family centered care is the philosophy practiced at MemorialCare Medical Centers.
The Council Believes in the Core Concepts:
- Dignity and Respect
We will listen to and honor patients’ and families’ perspectives and choice.
- Information Sharing
We will communicate/share complete and unbiased information with patients and families in ways that are affirming and useful.
We will encourage and support patients and families to participate in care and decision making at the level they choose.
We will collaborate in policy and program development, implementation and development, in health care building designs, and in professional education, as well as in the delivery of the care.
Interested in joining a Patient & Family Advisory Council?
Select your MemorialCare Medical Center Location: