The Heart and Wellness Center at Saddleback Memorial offers Nutrition and Wellness services to promote your health, well-being, and overall performance leading you to a healthier and happier life.
Our unique nutrition and wellness program includes nutrition counseling in private or group settings. Expert and registered dietitians provide personalized nutrition advice tailored to your specific needs and lifestyle.
Learn healthy eating and cooking skills, how to understand nutritional labels quickly, and how to eat right when eating out. Our counseling includes a comprehensive and individualized nutrition assessment.
Let us help you and your family make health and fitness choices.
Individualized Food Plans
Our nutritional philosophy centers on foods you can have and enjoy. We partner with you to improve your food choice skills leading to long-term positive results. Clients are often pleasantly surprised to find their favorite foods are still “on the menu.”
Individual and Group Sessions
Our nutrition counseling provides expertise in the following areas: Wellness Programs for:
- Weight management: overweight, malnutrition, underweight
- Diabetes management, hypoglycemia and other blood sugar disorders
- Cardiac disease prevention and rehabilitation
- Gastrointestinal disorders including irritable bowel, post-surgery recovery, pancreatitis, motility and malabsorption disorders
- Cancer nutrition for prevention and management of therapy side effect
- Sports nutrition for training, competition and peak performance
- Pregnancy: healthy nutrition, symptom management and gestational diabetes
- Family & pediatric nutrition: weight loss/gain, childhood feeding issues, diabetes
- Food allergy menu planning
- Tube feeding and IV nutrition management
Dedication and Experience
As one of the premier nutrition and wellness clinics in South Orange County, our staff of registered dietitians have completed undergraduate or graduate training in nutrition, a dedicated clinical internship and are accredited by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. Our clinicians have advanced certifications in diabetes, oncology, and nutrition support.
According to the CDC, 75% of chronic diseases are preventable with a healthy diet. Our dietitians partner with you through your health and nutrition journey.
Nutrition counseling for many chronic diseases may be covered by your insurance plan as a preventative care benefit. Contact your insurance carrier to determine if this is a benefit of your plan. A discounted cash rate is available if you do not have insurance.
Eat Towards a Healthier You
For more information or to schedule an appointment, please call (949) 452-7873. A physician referral or prescription is required for all appointments.
Do you want to become a master of your nutritional health? Here are some helpful tips to get you started:
- Watch Out for Hidden Sugars
- Make Your Lifestyle Heart Healthy
- Chicken and Spiced Apples Recipe
- Going Vegan What to Consider
Location and Parking
The Nutrition and Wellness department at the Heart and Wellness Center at Saddleback Memorial is located across the street from the Laguna Hills Mall with ample parking available making your visit convenient. We are located in the black glass building on the second floor.