- Stroke Receiving Center at Saddleback Medical Center
- Telemedicine Program at Saddleback Medical Center
- Neurointervention at Saddleback Medical Center
- Get with the Guidelines—Stroke Program at Saddleback Medical Center
If you have a medical emergency, please call 9-1-1.
Stroke is a Medical Emergency
If you think you or someone else is having a stroke, call 9-1-1 immediately and note the time when symptoms first appeared. Do not drive yourself or wait for a ride from a friend or family member.
Designated MemorialCare Stroke Receiving Centers
MemorialCare Stroke Center at Saddleback Medical Center
Stroke is the fourth leading cause of death in the United States and the number one cause of disabilities. It can strike at any time, but after the age of 55, the risk of having a stroke more than doubles.
Stroke occurs when a blood vessel to the brain becomes blocked or bursts. When this happens, brain cells begin to die. Without prompt diagnosis and treatment, permanent damage – and a corresponding loss of function – can occur. Every minute counts.
Saddleback Medical Center provides a team of world-class neurointerventional surgeons available 24/7 to provide advanced treatment to stroke patients. Our team uses the most advanced, minimally invasive techniques using state-of-the-art technology.
Stroke patients have received exceptional care at Saddleback Medical Center since the hospital was first designated as a stroke receiving center in 2009. In August 2013, the Joint Commission certified Saddleback Medical Center as an advanced primary stroke center, in recognition of Saddleback Medical Center’s expanded capabilities and commitment to provide an extraordinary stroke program.
Stroke Program Components
- Stroke awareness and prevention programs designed to help prevent strokes.
- Exceptional care teams in the emergency department and bi-plane cath lab where life-saving care and treatments are provided in the critical moments following stroke onset.
- Excellent post-treatment care and monitoring delivered by a skilled and highly compassionate acute care / ICU staff.
- Post-stroke care provided by a phenomenal rehabilitation care team helps patients return to the highest level of function quickly, and gets patients back to their life sooner.
- Throughout the process, a designated stroke care coordinator monitors patients’ progress and helps connect the dots between the health care professionals and the hospital care team.
Those living in South Orange County have access to the finest stroke care available – right here in their own community.