Palliative Care is specialized medical care for people living with a serious illness. This type of care is focused on providing relief from the symptoms and the stress of a serious illness. The goal is to improve the quality of life for both patient and their family. MemorialCare offers Palliative Care in our hospitals, in several clinics, and in your home.
Benefits of Palliative Care at MemorialCare
- You will receive an extra layer of personalized support by including palliative care in your treatment. This care is provided by a team of specially trained doctors, nurses, social workers, and spiritual care providers who work together with your other doctors and care providers.
- You can improve your life by adding the support of palliative care if you have a serious illness. We focus on your needs and goals in relationship to your illness.
- You will always have choices on your journey with a serious illness when palliative care services are added. This care is appropriate at any age, any stage, and can be provided along with curative treatment.
The MemorialCare Palliative Care team provides you with:
- Relief from symptoms, including pain, shortness of breath, fatigue, nausea, and much more.
- In-depth communication with you and your family about your goals, concerns, and treatment options.
- Improved ability to tolerate medical treatments and the side effects of serious illness.
- Improved ability to carry on with daily life.
- Emotional, practical, and spiritual support for you and your family.