You should have a small bag, containing the personal articles you wish to bring to the hospital packed and ready to go. These may include:
- Pajama tops or short nighties (remember to buy appropriate nursing gowns if you will be breastfeeding).
- Robe and slippers (washable).
- Shower cap.
- Two bras (remember nursing bras, if you’re nursing—they are available at one of our breastfeeding supply stores).
- Clothing to go home in (remember to bring some of your early maternity clothes; you probably won’t fit in your skinny jeans just after giving birth).
For Your Baby
- Car Seat—learn about Child Car Seat Safety.
- One outfit to go home in.
- One blanket.
- One T-shirt.