Pelvic health issues are more common than you might think. Women of all ages can suffer from bladder and pelvic floor disorders. Any woman challenged with a pelvic health disorder knows that these issues can easily affect quality of life. What many women may not know is that these issues are treatable.
The Pelvic Health Program at MemorialCare Long Beach Medical Center offers comprehensive treatment options for women with pelvic problems. Treatment options range from non-surgical treatments, such as medication, pelvic muscle rehabilitation and intravaginal devices to a wide spectrum of surgical procedures to help obtain the best results.
- Urologists (specializing in female urology)
- Colorectal/GI specialists
- Physical therapists
Conditions We Treat:
- Urinary incontinence (leaking of urine)
- Fecal incontinence (passing of gas or stool involuntarily)
- Pelvic organ prolapse (weakening of pelvic muscles)
- Dropping of uterus, bladder, rectum, or intestine
- Pelvic pain
- Overactive bladder symptoms
- Voiding disorders such as urine retention
- Neurogenic voiding disorders
The Pelvic Health Program offers patients a comprehensive blend of community and hospital-based programs to bring relief for pelvic floor conditions.
Our goal is to restore function and improve quality of life for every woman. To do this, we use current research and clinical standards to create individualized treatment plans that may include behavioral, medical, non-surgical and surgical options.