Treatment Offered At
- Surgical Care at Long Beach Memorial
- Surgical Care at Orange Coast Memorial
- Surgical Care at Saddleback Memorial
- Robotic-Assisted Surgery at Long Beach Memorial
- Robotic-Assisted Surgery at Orange Coast Memorial
- Robotic-Assisted Surgery at Saddleback Memorial
- Minimally Invasive Surgery at Long Beach Memorial
- Minimally Invasive Surgery at Orange Coast Memorial
- Minimally Invasive Surgery at Saddleback Memorial
The robotic surgical system provides breakthrough minimally invasive surgical capabilities. A wide variety of benign (non-cancerous) or malignant (cancerous) conditions that affect a woman's reproductive system, consisting of the uterus, vagina, ovaries and fallopian tubes, may be treated with robotic assisted gynecologic surgery.
Minimally invasive surgery is routinely used to treat gynecologic conditions, including fibroid tumors, endometriosis and certain cancers.
Surgeons Training Surgeons
Saddleback Memorial - Laguna Hills is one of just 23 Gynecologic Robotic Training Epicenter sites in the nation, gynecologic surgeons from across the nation have the opportunity to study surgical techniques by observing robotic surgeries in action in our da Vinci operating suite. Patients can rest assured they’re in good hands because excellent outcomes, experience and dedication led to this rare and elite designation as a gynecologic Epicenter.
How Robotic-Assisted Surgeries are Performed
Through robotic-assisted visualization, dexterity, precision and control, a surgeon can perform a wide array of procedures through small 1–2 cm incisions. During an operation, the surgeon sits at a console in the surgical suite and directs the robotic arms to perform the surgery. The robot seamlessly and directly translates the surgeon's natural hand, wrist and finger movements from controls at the console to the surgical instruments inside the patient.
Enabling Surgeons with
- Greater range of motion and precision than with hand-manipulated, minimally invasive procedures.
- A magnified, high definition three-dimensional view when operating.
- Instruments that become an extension of the doctor's wrists, hands and fingers to move the tiny surgical instruments in a delicate, precise manner.
Minimally Invasive Surgeries Performed
- Hysterectomy– A gynecological procedure for cervical, ovarian and uterine cancer and benign (non-cancerous) conditions.
- Radical Resection - Removal of cancerous tissue and the restoration of the normal pelvic anatomy.
- Myomectomy- Removal of uterine fibroids.
- Sacrohysteropexy - Correction of pelvic organ prolapse and/or herniation of the vagina, uterus, and bladder.
- Sacrocolpopexy - Repairing pelvic organ prolapse and removal of the uterus.
Benefits of Robotic-Assisted Surgery
- Less post-operative pain
- Reduced trauma to the body
- Less scarring
- Shorter hospital stays
- Reduced blood loss and need for transfusions
- Quicker recovery and return to normal activities