Treatment Offered At
- Heart & Wellness Center at Saddleback Medical Center
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program at Long Beach Medical Center
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program at Orange Coast Medical Center
Studies have proven that persons with chronic lung disease who complete a pulmonary rehabilitation program experience a decrease in pulmonary symptoms, hospital and emergency room visits and lead a more active lifestyle.
Pulmonary rehabilitation is designed to address the difficult challenges facing individuals including shortness of breath, decreased strength and endurance, reduced energy levels, reduced self-esteem and ability to care for oneself. These challenges can often lead to fear, anxiety, depression and isolation.
Exercise is an essential part of pulmonary rehabilitation. During the program, you will participate in physical reconditioning exercises to improve your stamina so that you can pursue the activities you enjoy.
Pulmonary Rehabilitation Will Help You:
- Take control of your illness.
- Use medications correctly.
- Learn breathing and coughing techniques.
- Use less energy for day-to-day activities.
- Eat the right foods to help you feel better and breathe easier avoid panic attacks.
- Use relaxation techniques monitor symptoms to identify when to call your doctor.
- Improve endurance and muscle strength.
Continuing a regular exercise routine is key to maintaining good pulmonary health. Upon completion of the pulmonary rehabilitation, each participant is encouraged to maintain their exercise programs and lung health. You and your primary care physician will receive specific recommendations for you to continue self-care.