Diagnostic Offered At
- Gastrointestinal (GI) Lab
- Bowel Disorder and Motility Center
- Digestive Care at Orange Coast Medical Center
Digestive Studies Utilizing Computer-Aided Technology Include:
- Esophageal pH study - measuring reflux acids in the esophagus, for patients suffering from heartburn or erosive esophagitis.
- Colon motility/transit studies - measuring the movement of waste through the colon with dye, for patients presenting with constipation or chronic diarrhea.
- Gastric emptying - measuring the flow of solid or liquid meals for patients with unexplained nausea or vomiting.
These tests are performed on an outpatient basis, and may take between one and five hours to perform, depending on the site being tested.