The Gastroenterology Cancer Program at the MemorialCare Todd Cancer Institute (TCI) at Long Beach Medical Center offers the latest in cutting-edge technology, diagnostics and advanced treatments.
TCI cares for patients suffering from a wide range of gastroenterology cancers including:
- Colon and rectum
- Bile duct
When it comes to patient care, the dedicated team at TCI believes in collaboration and partnership among specialties.
A multi-disciplinary team of specialists ranging from gastroenterologists, oncologists and radiation oncologists to surgeons, pathologists and radiologists convene at the TCI Gastroenterology Tumor Board Conference. Their mission is to create a comprehensive and individualized plan to serve each patient’s unique needs. This allows patients premier access to specialist’s opinions well beyond one aspect of their cancer.
- A nurse navigator guides each patient on their journey with GI cancer.
- Chemotherapy and biological therapies for GI cancers are provided by a team of registered nurses in the dedicated Ambulatory Infusion Center housed in the Todd Cancer Pavilion.
- The Radiation Oncology Center at Long Beach Medical Center offers advanced radiation treatment for GI cancers. Using state-of-the-art equipment to specifically target tumors. The Radiation Oncology Center has received accreditation from the American College of Radiology meeting the highest level of quality and radiation safety.
- TCI and Long Beach Medical Center offer the latest in technology and minimally invasive approaches to cancer. Long Beach Medical Center is one of the only hospitals in the region, and the only hospital in Long Beach, to offer interventional endoscopy to help diagnose and treat cancers early including endoscopic ultrasound, ERCP, direct cholangioscopy, complex luminal and palliative stunting, and endoscopic mucosal resection.
- Long Beach Medical Center is a leader in treating both early and advanced cancer. Patients at Long Beach Medical Center have access to minimally invasive laparoscopic and robotic-assisted surgery techniques.