Saddleback Memorial Foundation hosted the 7th annual Corporate Golf Classic at El Niguel Country Club in Laguna Niguel on June 15. The tournament raised $97,000 (net) in support of the MemorialCare Breast Center at Saddleback Memorial Medical Center.
Funds raised will go towards the purchase of an additional tomosynthesis imaging unit used for mammography. The state-of-the-art technology creates clear, 3-D images of the breast to help detect cancer.
“My goal as medical director is to provide the highest quality care to the patients we serve. That includes ensuring every woman in our community has access to the most advanced technology available for early detection of breast cancer,” says Dr. Levine.
Approximately 145 physicians, corporate partners and other supporters of Saddleback Memorial enjoyed a challenging day of golf on the 18-hole course at El Niguel Country Club.
The winning foursome representing Thompson Engineering were Kevin Gomez, Brian Wilcock, Mike Wilcock, and George Risberg. Michael Gault, MD, Ronald Gim, MD, Michael Hunn and Daniel La Mont, MD of South Orange County Cardiology Group came in second place. Saddleback Memorial Medical Center CEO, Steve Geidt, hosted a foursome including Bruce Channing, Mickey Clarke, and Hugo Folli, which came in third.
Dennis Borowski of Merlone Geier won the putting contest, Jason Johnson of Lillibridge won the closest-to-the-pin contest for the men and Debbie Lambert of The LBL Group won for the women, Steve Podraza of Buffalo Wild Wings won the longest drive and Stephan Harms of MemorialCare Medical Group won for straightest drive.
Two new contest holes were added to this year’s golf classic in memory of Derrell Graham, Saddleback Memorial Foundation intern.
Saddleback Memorial Foundation President Cecilia Belew says, “It is always such a pleasure seeing a full field of golfers playing for a great cause. We appreciate their support in helping us provide the most comprehensive breast cancer care to our community.”
This year’s sponsors included:
- Presenting Sponsor: Farmers & Merchants Bank and Farmers and Merchants Trust
- Eagle Sponsor: Fiduciary Management, Inc.
- Cocktail Sponsor: Optum Accountable Care
- Lunch Sponsor: MemorialCare Medical Group
- Birdie Sponsors: CEP America, Geidt Family, Merlone Geier Partners/FIVE LAGUNAS, NexCore, South County Orthopedic Specialists
- Beverage Cart Station: Lillibridge, NextGen Healthcare
- Hole-in-One Sponsor: Audi Mission Viejo
- Closest-to-the-Pin Sponsor: Auxilio, Inc.
- Printing Sponsor: NDM Communications
- Media Sponsor: Orange Coast Magazine
- Photography Sponsor: The LBL Group
- Par Sponsors: American Beacon, Beacon Pointe Advisors, California Anesthesia Associates, Guardian Insurance, Hollencrest Capital Management, O’Connor Mortuary, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Redwood Kairos, South Orange County Cardiology Group, Thompson Engineering
- Water Sponsor: Arrowhead Mountain Spring Water
- Wings Sponsor: Buffalo Wild Wings, Lake Forest
- Wine Sponsor: Saddleback Cellars Winery, Napa Valley
- Awards Sponsor: Segall Bryant & Hamill
- Sponsor Gifts: St. James Investment
- Bloody Mary Bar: Vaughan Nelson
- Tee Sign Sponsors & Underwriters: Alexander + Hibbs, CBRE, Epic, Laguna Hills Lodge, Saratoga Research & Investment, Signature Flooring, South Coast Community Services, Sysco, Universal Properties, Westfield Capital Management