Dr. Raychev is a fellowship-trained neurologist who specializes in cerebrovascular disorders, including the endovascular surgical treatment of brain and spinal vascular diseases, such as aneurysms, strokes and arteriovenous malformations. His interest in neurological disease began in early childhood — both his father and grandfather are professors of neurology at the Medical University-Sofia, Bulgaria, where he completed his medical degree. Dr. Raychev completed fellowship training in both vascular neurology and interventional neuroradiology at UCLA.
Throughout his training, Raychev developed keen interests in clinical and basic research focused on the mechanisms of cerebrovascular disease and advancing novel neuroendovascular therapies. He has worked on numerous research projects and has published many scientific papers. He has also presented his findings at many prestigious international conferences.
Dr. Raychev specializes in endovascular treatment of acute stroke, aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage, intracranial vasospasm, arteriovenous malformation, intracranial arterial stenosis, and traumatic injury.
He believes the key elements to any successful therapy include in-depth knowledge, clinical acumen, advanced technology and compassionate care, which he strives to give to all his patients. His vision is to have an impact on cerebrovascular disease directly at the bedside with his clinical skills and on a larger scale through research and teaching.
- Assistant Clinical Professor, Department of Neurological Surgery
- Co-director, Neuro-endovascular Surgery, Department of Neurological Surgery
- Member, Society of Neurointerventional Surgery
- Member, Society of Vascular and Interventional Neurology
- Member, Stroke Council of the American Heart Association
- Gold Foundation Humanism and Excellence in Teaching Award to an Outstanding Resident Role Model — University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine
English, Bulgarian, French, Russian
Neurology - Movement Disorder
Sofia Medical University
St Vincent's Catholic Medical Center
University of Chicago Medical Center
UC Los Angeles Medical Center