MemorialCare is always looking for qualified, clinically experienced practitioners to join our medical staff at our medical centers and hospitals. We have developed a user-friendly online application to assist you in this process. Apply online now.
MemorialCare is a nonprofit health system with hospitals throughout Southern California. An innovator in health care delivery, MemorialCare focuses on evidence-based, best practice medicine. Our physicians and other health care professionals study health care’s best practices and work to implement them at medical centers across MemorialCare. The results are outcomes that frequently exceed state and national averages.
Advanced Technology for Medical Staff
An advantage to MemorialCare medical centers is our pledge to move forward in technology and in our commitment to offer up-to-date information about our patients fast, efficiently and seamlessly. We made a $62 million investment to implement an Electronic Medical Record (EMR) powered by Epic in each of our medical centers. We are serious about taking patient care to a higher level as we transform the next generation of care. View Annual Report
What practitioners are eligible to apply for medical staff membership at a MemorialCare hospital?
Physicians, dentists, and podiatrists who are:
- Licensed to practice in California;
- Board certified or who can document active involvement in the Board certification process; and
- Covered by a professional liability insurance policy in the amounts required by the medical staff.
All Allied Health Professionals (AHPs - including Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, etc) interested in practicing at a MemorialCare Medical Center need to contact the Medical Staff Offices directly:
- Long Beach Medical Center and Miller Children's & Women's Hospital Long Beach - (562) 933-1248
- Orange Coast Medical Center - (714) 378-7920
- Saddleback Medical Center - (949) 452-3619
Online Medical Staff Application
Thank you for your interest in applying to the MemorialCare Medical Staff. Our Medical Staffs include those at:
- Long Beach Medical Center
- Miller Children's & Women's Hospital Long Beach
- Orange Coast Medical Center
- Saddleback Medical Center Laguna Hills
Please note: when requesting membership for more than one hospital you need only complete one application.
Medical Staff Application Sections
The Medical Staff Application process is divided into several sections:
- Medical Staff Application
- Application Fee
- Medical Staff Grid
- Privilege Forms
- Training Modules
- Mailing Instructions
Completing an Online Medical Staff Application
In order to complete the MemorialCare online medical staff application and/or receive medical staff membership, you will need to provide information related to the following items:
- Current licensure in California as a physician, dentist, or podiatrist (Orange Coast Medical Center only: clinical psychologist).
- Board Certification or evidence of active participation in the Board certification process*.
- National Provider Identification (NPI Number).
- DEA certification.
- X-Ray/Fluoroscopy certification (if applicable to your specialty).
- Malpractice Insurance Certificate and names of any other insurance carriers during the last seven years.
- Previous work experience.
- Education and training.
In addition, you will need to submit:
- All supporting forms (Appendix A-E) - Background Check Release, Code of Behavior Acknowledgement, Confidentiality And Conflict Of Interest, Pharmacy Signature Sheet, Physician Acknowledgment Form, Epic EMR training and HIPAA test completion.
- Evidence of current screening for tuberculosis.
- An application fee of $400.00 for primary facility membership and $100.00 for each additional facility.
- Our average processing time is 45 - 90 days following receipt of a completed application.