The Latest in Joint Care
If you are dealing with chronic knee or hip pain and are looking for answers that can
help you feel good again, don’t miss our exclusive JOINT SOLUTIONS event.
Our exclusive JOINT SOLUTIONS event is designed to offer objective information as well as create candid discussion.
- Enjoy a complimentary breakfast
- Gain insights into managing knee and hip pain
- Learn about new options and techniques in joint replacement surgery
- Spend one-on-one time with leading orthopedic surgeons and physical therapists
- Meet with representatives from nursing, admissions, billing & insurance and other areas of specialty
- Hear about our successes from our actual joint replacement patients
- Take home a special gift bag
Space is limited . . . registration is required.
Do you suffer from chronic knee or hip pain?
Is joint pain impacting your life and keeping you from doing things you love?
Have you been thinking about joint replacement surgery but feel apprehensive about taking this step?
Do you want to learn more about joint replacement surgery and recovery, and discover if this option might be right for you?
Our JOINT SOLUTIONS event is designed to offer objective information and candid discussion . . . and provide answers that can help you feel good again.
Special Presentation Topics Include:
- Causes of knee and hip pain
- Pain management
- Treatment options – medical & surgical including joint replacement surgery
- Joint replacement pros & cons – explore if joint replacement surgery is an option for you
- Facing fears about joint replacement surgery
- Setting realistic expectations for surgery and recovery
- Choosing your surgeon and joint replacement center
Meet Our Experts
Larry M. Gersten, M.D.
Dr. Gersten is from Lakewood, New Jersey. He attended Stanford University, graduating with a BS in Biology. He attended medical school at Jefferson Medical College and interned in General Surgery at Pennsylvania Hospital, both in Philadelphia. He returned to the West Coast for his residency at Los Angeles County, University of Southern California.
Dr. Gersten completed his fellowship training in total joint replacement and reconstructive surgery at Joint Implant Surgeons, Ohio State University. He is Board Certified by the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery and is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons and the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons.
Dr. Gersten currently practices general orthopedics with specialization in sports medicine and arthroscopy, arthritis, and joint replacement surgery with the South County Orthopedic Surgery group in Laguna Hills. He is team physician for Santa Margarita High School. Dr. Gersten has been a part of the Saddleback community since 1988.
R. Lance Montgomery, M.D.
Born in Utah, Dr. Montgomery grew up in Orange County. He completed his undergraduate studies at Brigham Young University, and his medical school training at University of California Irvine. He interned and completed his residency at Stanford University Hospital, Stanford, California.
Dr. Montgomery completed his fellowship training in adult reconstructive surgery as an Au franc Fellow at the New England Baptist Hospital, Boston. He is Board Certified in Orthopedic Surgery and is a Diplomate of the National Board of Medical Examiners.
Dr. Montgomery has been in private orthopedic surgery practice since 1993. He currently practices general orthopedics with the South County Orthopedic Surgery group in Laguna Hill. His special interests are in the fields of sports medicine and arthroscopy, arthritis and joint replacement surgery.
Abraham D. Kim, M.D.
Dr. Abraham D. Kim is a board-certified, fellowship-trained orthopedic joint replacement surgeon specializing in adult reconstruction of the hip and knee, including primary and revision joint replacements. He has expertise in minimally invasive techniques, including direct anterior hip replacement and partial knee replacement. Prior to SCOS, Dr. Kim practiced for several years in Boston, running a busy practice while teaching orthopedic residents and fellows.
Dr. Kim received his undergraduate education at Yale University, where he majored in Psychology and graduated Cum Laude with Distinction in the major. He then graduated medical school from Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons. He completed his orthopedic surgery residency at University of California, Los Angeles, where he was Chief Resident during his final year of residency. He pursued further subspecialty training in adult hip and knee replacement at New England Baptist Hospital in Boston, MA, one of the busiest joint replacement centers in the country.
Building upon his surgical interests, Dr. Kim has published extensively on a wide range of innovative topics in orthopedic surgery and joint replacement that have been featured in several leading orthopedic journals. He has also authored several book chapters on revision joint replacement surgery. He has received many academic honors and has been invited to present his research at national and international meetings.
Dr. Kim looks forward to drawing upon his extensive experience, education and training to offer a personalized treatment approach for patients seeking hip and knee replacement.
The MemorialCare Joint Replacement Center at Saddleback Medical Center offers a unique patient experience for those in need of hip and knee replacements in South Orange County.
Our progressive program is focused on pain relief and fast recovery so you can get back to your active lifestyle. Most patients go home from hospital in just two days. From education and group therapy to personalized treatment and rehabilitation, we offer comprehensive, coordinated care before, during and after your surgery.
The MemorialCare Joint Replacement Center at Saddleback Medical Center has the expertise and experience that makes our program one you can trust.
- Successful completion of over 750 elective joint replacements each year
- Recognized by U.S. News and World Report as a High Performing Hospital in both Knee and Hip Replacement
- Only hospital in Orange County to have received Healthgrades Orthopedic Specialty Excellence Award in 2017 and 5-stars for Total Knee Replacement and Hip Fracture Treatment for 5 years in a row
- One of just two facilities in Orange County that is certified by The Joint Commission specifically for elective hip and knee replacements
- Acknowledged as a Blue Cross/Blue Shield Center of Distinction for hip and knee replacements
- Designated as an Aetna Institute of Quality for both hip and knee replacements
- Recognized by Becker’s Hospital Review as one of “100 Hospitals with Great Orthopedic Programs”