MemorialCare Senior Plus is a unique program for older adults offered by Long Beach Memorial making access to health and wellness services, easier. It is a free lifetime membership offering access to a variety of discounts and educational events to older adults who frequently visit the hospital.
- The regularly scheduled calendar of programs and services postcard and electronic newsletter email
- Health education lectures including Medicine, Munchies & Movies, AARP Smart Driver Course, the Alzheimer’s Support Group and Savvy Caregivers Class, and the Medicare 101 classes
- Free transportation to Long Beach Memorial, Community Hospital Long Beach, MemorialCare Medical Group and surrounding medical buildings
- Discounted rates at the Seaside Café and the Long Beach Memorial Gift Shop
- Discounted over-the-counter and prescription drugs at Long Beach Memorial’s Outpatient Pharmacy
- Discounted exercise programs, including Tai Chi Chih, Joints in Motion and Balance Maintenance
The Senior Plus Program offers members a discounted $50 annual parking rate, compared to the standard parking rate of $6 per day, each visit. To purchase an annual parking pass, you must go to the Valet Parking Desk at the entrance of the Long Beach Memorial roundabout or call (562) 933-2786.
Health Education Lectures
Maintaining your health and properly taking care of your body becomes increasingly important as you age. The MemorialCare Senior Plus program at Long Beach Memorial and Community Hospital Long Beach educates older adults with organized lectures hosted by expert speakers. These events give Senior Plus members an opportunity to ask questions and learn the latest in wellness, health care and advanced health solutions offered at Long Beach Memorial and Community Hospital Long Beach. Each Senior Plus member is supplied with a list of upcoming lectures via the Senior Plus e-newsletter and postcard.
Transportation may be a challenge for some older adults, and may result in missed medical appointments. Follow-up appointments for older adults can be crucial to maintaining year-round health, particularly for those with chronic conditions, such as diabetes. Once a member, Senior Plus members are eligible to receive free transportation to medical appointments at Long Beach Memorial, Community Hospital Long Beach and other surrounding MemorialCare medical buildings.
In addition to the variety of free services provided to Senior Plus members, there also are a number of available discounts. Members also are welcome to pass the time between doctor visits by enjoying discounted dining at Long Beach Memorial’s Seaside Café, a sit-down restaurant located in the Long Beach Memorial lobby or shop at the Long Beach Memorial Gift Shop.
As a special bonus, Senior Plus members receive discounted rates on over-the-counter and prescription drugs at Long Beach Memorial’s Outpatient Pharmacy.
The Senior Plus Program also offers special rates for exercise classes at Long Beach Memorial which are tailored to older adults, including Tai Chi Chih, Joints in Motion and Balance Maintenance.
For additional information, please call (562) 933-1650.