Why Choose MemorialCare Health System?
Choosing a health care provider is not a simple decision. At MemorialCare, we strongly support public reporting of hospital data to help consumers make informed choices. It is our mission to improve the health and well being of individuals, families and our communities through innovation and the pursuit of excellence. For many years, we have been voluntarily reporting our clinical outcomes on the care we deliver to the public.
Our passion and dedication to quality, patient safety and satisfaction runs deep – from our caregivers at the bedside to our governing boards. MemorialCare have earned widespread recognition for progressive leadership and quality outcomes that continually surpass state and national standards. We continue to hold ourselves accountable and address any opportunities to improve.
Consider the following current data by independent ratings:
- California Department of Public Health
- The California Hospital Assessment and Reporting Taskforce (CHART)
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
- The Leapfrog Group
- The Joint Commission
California Department of Public Health - cdph.ca.gov
California Department of Public Health publishes press releases about public health issues for the state of California.
View press releases at cdph.ca.gov
The California Hospital Assessment and Reporting Taskforce (CHART) - CalQualityCare.org
MemorialCare Health System is pleased to have been a pilot member in this important voluntary reporting initiative.
View MemorialCare hospital quality of care rates, patient satisfaction, and safety measures at CalQualityCare.org
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) - hospitalcompare.hhs.gov
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) is a Federal agency working to improve the quality of care in our nation's hospitals.
Compare to other hospitals: Hospital Compare Reports
The Leapfrog Group - hospitalsafetyscore.org
MemorialCare Health System has been honored with an "A" Hospital Safety Score by the Leapfrog Group.
Compare to other hospitals: hospitalsafetyscore.org
The Joint Commission - qualitycheck.org
The Joint Commission is an independent, not-for-profit organization that accredits health care organizations.
Quality Check is a comprehensive guide to Joint Commission-accredited healthcare organizations. The Quality Reports provide information on a health care organization's:
- Joint Commission accreditation decision and the effective dates of the accreditation award.
- Programs accredited by the Joint Commission, and programs or services by other accrediting bodies.
- Compliance with the Joint Commission's National Patient Safety Goals, as applicable to the organization, and performance on National Quality Improvement Goals. National Quality Improvement Goals allow hospitals to report on the key indicators of quality of care in the following treatment areas: heart attack, heart failure, pregnancy, pneumonia, and surgical care.