TBA or Online
Life Line Screening is proud to be working with the MemorialCare Heart and Vascular Institute at Long Beach Memorial. Visit Life Line Screening today, results could literally save your life. A physician referral is not required.
For many people, getting screened is the first step in early intervention to prevent potential health events later in their lives. It helps people understand their risks so that they can consult with their doctor and take the right steps towards a healthier future. Life Line Screening provides comprehensive, preventative screenings to help community members understand their risk for heart disease and stroke.
The conditions for which Life Line Screening tests are considered "silent killers" because they often strike without warning. Symptoms are rarely present and if they are, they are generally subtle, almost unnoticeable. In fact, four out of five people who have had a stroke showed no apparent warning signs prior to their attack. A simple screening could prevent death or disability.
Life Line screenings include:
- Carotid Artery Screening
- Atrial Fibrillation Screening (Afib)
- Peripheral Arterial Disease Screening (PAD)
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Screening
- Osteoporosis Screening
Discounted Packages for Long Beach Memorial Life Line Events
Through the MemorialCare Heart & Vascular Institute at Long Beach Memorial's partnership with Life Line Screening, we are able to offer three discounted screening packages at Long Beach Memorial sponsored screenings.
"Six for Life" Risk Assessment $69 (normal price: $79)
Disease risk assessment that predicts your risk for six chronic conditions:
- Heart Disease
- Heart Failure
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
- Lung Cancer
The test identifies which modifiable risk factors contribute to your personal disease risk to help you manage your lifestyle. Includes:
- Finger-stick blood work (with immediate results) for cholesterol panel and glucose
- Plus biometric screenings (blood pressure, Body Mass Index, waist circumference)
Stroke & Vascular Screening Package $129 (normal price: $139)
Includes four tests targeting risk of stroke and vascular disease:
- Carotid Artery/Stroke - non-invasive ultrasound screening which detects plaque build-up in the major arteries of the neck, which is a leading cause of stroke.
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA) - non-invasive ultrasound screening to detect an enlargement of the abdominal aorta, the largest artery in the body.
- Peripheral Arterial Disease (PAD) - non-invasive Ankle-Brachial Index calculation to screen for lower extremity vascular disease, which is a significant risk factor for heart attack and stroke.
- Atrial Fibrillation - non-invasive limb-lead EKG to screen for a common heart arrhythmia, which increases the risk of stroke 5-fold.
Comprehensive Screening Package $199 (normal price : $219)
Four tests targeting:
- Risk of stroke and vascular disease
- Bone density screening for osteoporosis risk
- Plus disease risk assessment for 6 chronic conditions
The MemorialCare Heart & Vascular Institute has arranged for its member groups and patients to receive the above packages at a special discount. Call (866) 964-5850 or visit lifelinescreening.com and use priority code: PLBM-001.
There are no upcoming events.