Saddleback Memorial Medical Center was voted the #1 Hospital in the Orange County Register’s “Best of Orange County” People’s Choice & Critics’ Picks. Saddleback Memorial’s sister hospital, Orange Coast Memorial was also recognized as a top 3 hospital.
“Everyone at Saddleback Memorial is honored that our community recognizes the outstanding staff and care that is given to our patients,” said Steve Geidt, CEO of Saddleback Memorial. “I’m extremely proud of our team and I thank the Orange County community for voting for us.”
With campuses in Laguna Hills and San Clemente and a proud member of the MemorialCare Health System, Saddleback Memorial has provided medical expertise for over 40 years across a range of treatment areas including cancer, stroke, and cardiac care. Innovations like robotic-assisted surgery, low dose CT, and dedicated breast MRI serve as hallmarks for the non-profit hospital. In addition, The Women’s Hospital at Saddleback Memorial – Laguna Hills has offered special comfort and care to new mothers and their babies, delivering over 65,000 babies in its 25+ year history
Saddleback Memorial’s stellar reputation stems from the outstanding, personalized care that is provided, supported by the very best technology. The hospital’s #1 ranking is a great addition to the many accolades that have been awarded to Saddleback Memorial during 2014. The community, the media and peer organizations have recognized the hospital’s excellence in a variety of ways:
- U.S. News & World Report nationally ranks Saddleback Memorial as "high performing" in eight specialty areas: Neurology & Neurosurgery, Diabetes & Endocrinology, Gastroenterology & GI Surgery, Geriatrics, Gynecology, Orthopedics, Pulmonology and Urology.
- MemorialCare Joint Replacement Center at Saddleback Memorial – Received the Joint Commission’s Goal Seal of Approval® for excellence in hip and knee replacement, Aetna Institutes of Quality for Total Joint Replacement, and Blue Distinction Center for Knee & Hip Replacement.
- MemorialCare Cancer Institute at Saddleback Memorial - Recognized by the Lung Cancer Alliance as a Screening Center of Excellence, and is a Commission on Cancer Accredited Program.
- MemorialCare Breast Center at Saddleback Memorial – Accredited by the American College of Radiology.
- MemorialCare Heart and Vascular Institute at Saddleback Memorial - Received the “Get With The Guidelines® Heart Failure - Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award” and “Get With The Guidelines® Stroke – Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award” from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association. Also, Saddleback Memorial is certified as a Primary Stroke Center by the Joint Commission.
- For the fourth consecutive year, Memorial Health System has received the “Gallup Great Workplace Award.”
The 21st annual Best of Orange County, a compilation of popular favorites and best-kept secrets in Orange County, was issued in September as a 204-page magazine and online edition. It includes the top three selections in 77 categories selected by the voting public throughout May, and a handful of Critic’s Choices and Register Picks selected by Register reporters with expertise in specific topics or cities.