Your obstetrician-gynecologist (Ob/Gyn) may be the most important health care partner you ever have. Your Ob/Gyn will see you through some of the most significant times in your life: menstruation, PMS, conception, childbirth and menopause.
Maternity Care Specialists and Care Team
MemorialCare offers a team of highly trained gynecologists, obstetricians, perinatologists, neonatologists, pediatricians, nurses and other specialists. Our care teams are sensitive to the needs of women and committed to providing a high level of family-centered, quality service.
What does each maternity care specialist do?
MemorialCare physician partners throughout Los Angeles County and Orange County are widely recognized for excellence in gynecologic services and a high success rate with high-risk pregnancies.
- Obstetrician – a physician who is specialized in the care of women throughout pregnancy. Obstetricians are training in surgical procedures such as a cesarean section to deliver babies.
- Gynecologist - a physician who is specialized in the female reproductive system. Gynecologists are training in surgical procedures to treat conditions involving the female reproductive system.
- Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN) - a physician who is specialized in both the care of women throughout pregnancy and the female reproductive system. Obstetrician & Gynecologists are training in surgical procedures to deliver babies and to treat conditions involving the female reproductive system.
- Perinatologist – a subspecialty of Obstetrics, a physician who is specialized in high-risk pregnancies and the care of the fetus that is experiencing complications.
- Neonatologists – a subspecialty of Pediatrics, a physician who is specialized in the medical care of newborns, especially premature newborns.
- Pediatricians – a physician who is specialized in the medical care of infants, children and adolescents up to the age of 18.
- Reproductive Endocrinology – a surgical subspecialty of Obstetrics and Gynecology, a physician who is specialized in reproductive medicine, a focus of hormone functions and infertility.
How to find a maternity care specialist
When you need to seek care from a specialist it is a good first step to talk to your primary care physician and ask them for a referral to a specialist. Obstetrician & gynecologists, perinatologists, reproductive endocrinologists, neonatologists, pediatricians can be searched in our Find a Doctor physician’s directory.