Treatments Offered At
- Heart & Vascular Care at Long Beach Memorial
- Heart & Vascular Care at Orange Coast Memorial
- Heart & Vascular Care at Saddleback Memorial - Laguna Hills
Transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR) is a revolutionary minimally invasive procedure that makes treatment possible for the once “inoperable.”
How Does it Work?
- A biological valve is placed in a stent and then into a catheter.
- The catheter is inserted through the groin and threaded up to the aorta.
- The new aortic valve is implanted where the current valve is.
- Once implanted, the aortic valve begins to work immediately.
Benefits of TAVR
- The chest cavity isn’t “cracked open” during surgery – making recovery faster and easier.
- The valve comes in different sizes to fit each individual’s heart.
- Offers patients with limited treatment options a better quality of life.
For more information about aortic valve stenosis and TAVR, visit NewHeartValve.com.