Treatments For This Condition Are Offered At
Neurological injuries affect thousands of people each year. Whether the injury is from a recent stroke, trauma to the spinal cord or a progressive disorder such as multiple sclerosis, neurological impairments can significantly decrease independence in daily activities and limit mobility.
With the appropriate rehabilitation program, physical, functional, cognitive and swallowing ability can be improved leading to a path to recovery. A multi-disciplinary team of physical therapists, occupational therapists and speech-language pathologists provide rehabilitation services to improve independence and safely assist individuals in leading an active life.
Specialized Services May Include
- Functional electronical stimulation (FES) using the NESS H200™ hand rehabilitation system and NESS L300™ foot drop system by Bioness®.
- Wheelchair evaluation for long-term wheelchair use requiring high-tech analysis of seating systems, and evaluation for proper chair fit and type.
- The Walking Recovery Program is an activity-based therapeutic program utilizing advanced technologies and applying innovative principles of recovery for persons with injury or disease of the central nervous system.
- Specialized speech and physical therapy for persons with Parkinson’s disease using LSVT® Big and Loud treatment techniques and other interventions.
- Dysphagia (swallowing) evaluation utilizing table top evaluation, Oral Pharyngeal Motility Studies (OPMS) and treatment as indicated by the expert team of rehabilitation specialists.
- Assistive communication device evaluation for persons who are unable to effectively communicate using voice.